Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how often is property price register updated

Options
  • 19-07-2017 8:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Just me being nosey. Bought in October last year. There's 2 houses sale agreed since last Feb in my estate and both have now appeared "gone" on daft. Just wondering how often the register is updated to see what they went for. Says it was last updated the 6th July. Thanks.

Comments

Wow, I hadn't realised that they went so long without updating. Its the simplest of simple databases; they don't even verify the information that the solicitors send in. I wonder if they have been affected by those malware attacks?

I had always thouht that the delays were more likely to come from the solicitor side than from the database itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Wow, I hadn't realised that they went so long without updating. Its the simplest of simple databases; they don't even verify the information that the solicitors send in. I wonder if they have been affected by those malware attacks?

I had always thouht that the delays were more likely to come from the solicitor side than from the database itself.

They typically update weekly on a Wednesday. It depends on solicitors sending in the info though so expect a house to take 3-4 months to show up, often longer. Often you'll need some detective work I'd there's a misspelling in the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

They won't show on the PPR until they are sold. Those houses could be still be sale agreed and trying to close. Doesn't seem to be set dates. I was waiting to see the prices of a few places that sold locally at the start of July but the search shows that no houses were sold in Ireland for the month with is very odd. My house was sold May 3rd the PPR was updated 4th May and my house was on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

They appear retrospectively quite often, so sometimes you need to track back though the list to find them

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

They update it each Wednesday around the same time. Used to be after 2pm. But it has been delayed for the past few weeks. The same thing happened this time last year. I'm thinking whoever updates it is on holidays at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭karenalot

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    They update it each Wednesday around the same time. Used to be after 2pm. But it has been delayed for the past few weeks. The same thing happened this time last year. I'm thinking whoever updates it is on holidays at this time.

Yes it's very slow at the moment. Before the 6th of July update the previous one was 15th of June. As someone who sadly loves looking at the register it's frustrating to see no changes.

karenalot wrote: »
    Yes it's very slow at the moment. Before the 6th of July update the previous one was 15th of June. As someone who sadly loves looking at the register it's frustrating to see no changes.

Surely a simple database like this should be updated in real time or every night?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Surely a simple database like this should be updated in real time or every night?

You're assuming that they receive the information in real time or overnight.

From experience I can tell you it can take months before the sale price is officially registered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Graham wrote:
    From experience I can tell you it can take months before the sale price is officially registered.

That's fine. But surely there's heaps of houses being registered almost daily. No matter how far back their sale dates are. Shouldn't stop the register being up dated more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

From sale agreed to actual sale can take up to 6 months (personal experience)

Ppr seems to be updated about the same time land register is updated / duty payment confirmation and that can be another couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭quagmire47

My understanding is that the property will appear on the register when the stamp duty is paid but not sure as there's no stamp duty for new houses AFAIK.
    DarkBlonde wrote: »
    The same thing happened this time last year. I'm thinking whoever updates it is on holidays at this time.

If this is the case, it's very amusing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

quagmire47 wrote: »
    My understanding is that the property will appear on the register when the stamp duty is paid but not sure as there's no stamp duty for new houses AFAIK.

If this is the case, it's very amusing. :D

Stamp duty is on all property. Its on vat exclusive price of new houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,649 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I thought it was every 6 months from date of sale completion, I know houses I have checked that were sale agreed in the last 6-7 months are on it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Data for the Property Price Register is mainly taken from Stamp Duty Returns.

Stamp Duty Returns can only be made when a Deed of Transfer/Conveyance is executed. Often sales fall through or stall drastically before this point. The purchaser's solicitor has 44 days from the date of execution to file this return without penalty.

As to how a property is described, it generally has to follow the Deed. In the last 12-18 months, Local Property Tax IDs are "plugged into" this so you're stuck with how Revenue saw fit to describe the property unless the owner decided to set them straight.

From experience, I'd allow for 2-4 weeks from when the Stamp Certificate issues for a property to appear on the Register.

Robbo wrote: »

As to how a property is described, it generally has to follow the Deed.

Solicitors make many errors, some say possibly deliberately, in the submission of data to the PPR.

Because the PPR makes no attempt to validate any of the data, this means that simple errors, mispelling address, wrong county etc result in the property and price paid not being identifiable through searching the PPR.

Ok so it was updated today. House in my estate has gone completely from daft and there is now a skip in the driveway. Defo sold. But no sign on the register. I tried a few different variations of the address. It should be up by now surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭timbel

My recollection is that it only goes on PPR if there is a mortgage on it. Any cash buys would not appear.

Cant remember where I saw this though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

timbel wrote: »
    My recollection is that it only goes on PPR if there is a mortgage on it. Any cash buys would not appear.

Cant remember where I saw this though...
    thats not true anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Is it actually working? For the 25 days of July it has not shown a single property sold in Ireland, first time I've seen this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

It's working for me

Chapelizod 2017

• Advertisement

I just put in Dublin as an address and got 6 listings for July. The last of which was on the 13th. Defo something up.

Advertisement