Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efflorescence on patio

Options
  • 19-07-2017 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi

I built a patio (Indian sandstone) two months ago and it was fine. Now it seems that a lot of pavers have a white stain. (doesn't look very good) From looking on the net it looks like efflorescence.

I never seen these stains on patios before. I was wondering if anything can be done to get rid of them (patio is also sealed now) and if the place which I bought them should refund part of the cost. See attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Try some white vinegar on the efflorescence it can the acidity will remove the alkali salts which cause efflorescence.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭clvk07

Try some white vinegar on the efflorescence it can the acidity will remove the alkali salts which cause efflorescence.

even if the patio has been sealed?

Also should the place I bought replace all the affected slabs?

Advertisement