Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

27K meter recall

Options
  • 19-07-2017 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone aware of how long ESB are taking to turnaround analysis on meters that have been recalled for testing? Or approx failure rate?

Cheers,
    ED-E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kevmoroney

I was one of the first to have mine sent for testing, it took about 2-3 months and needed a few follow up calls to ESB to find out how progress with testing was going. I have the impression that without following up with them they would not have given me any information on the testing. Mine showed as not being defective apparently, but I have still received no written confirmation of this from ESB.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks Kev, ours was only removed last week. Technician was sent from Cork to Dublin and said they've a huge crew out pulling them so seems like somebody has them motivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Could someone tell us more on this topic? Is there a generation (i.e. installed between two dates) of domestic meters that's suspect?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

coylemj wrote: »
    Could someone tell us more on this topic? Is there a generation (i.e. installed between two dates) of domestic meters that's suspect?

ESB Networks spokeswoman Bernadine Moloney said it would take months for staff to examine all the 27,000 meters, which were installed mostly in apartments between 2007 and 2008.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/esb-to-replace-27-000-meters-that-may-have-overcharged-customers-1.2912701

Advertisement