Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFTTT Motion Sensors

Options
  • 19-07-2017 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

So I finally bought a Hue motion sensor and hooked it up recently. Works like planned and no longer need to stumble in the dark if using the bathroom at night. Great but I was expecting more. I should have looked it up earlier but I assumed we could use these to trigger IFTTT recipes.

So is there any motion sensors out there that i could use? Quick google and came across the energenie set but you'd also need a separate hub. I'd be ok having another hub if it offered things like IR remote functionality and wireless sockets. So anything out there that I could look at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Samsung smart things Motion detector works on IFTTT for me, as does the motion sensor on my Ring doorbell

However there is no access to the motion detector on the nest protect smoke alarm, this is a pain as usually they are in very useful places.

It's there no trigger for the motion units in the Phillips hue IFTTT channel?

Yeah just checked no Philips trigger

No trigger for lightwaverf either I have one of their motion detectors

D-Link and WeMo work too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Yeah it's a pain not having access to it from outside the hue hub.
    I'd like to avoid having too many different hubs so looking for something that will have motion sensors and IR. Samsung doesn't have IR, right?

Presence and motion

Advertisement