Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evicting tenants

Options
  • 19-07-2017 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

All,

I have followed the complete RTB process and have obtained a court order Demanding tenants leave this weekend.

If the tenants fail to leave - they will be breach of a court order demanding they vacate and pay over due rent. If this arises can someone advise on what the next steps are or does anyone know how quickly a sheriff can be engaged to enforce the order.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Does the Court Order provide for vacant possession?

If so- wait for the tenants to leave the property and change the locks.

If there is any resistance at all you must discontinue and apply to the Courts for vacant possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bray_head

Thanks for the response, yes the order allows for vacant possession, however the family always leaves someone in the house. Anyway I'll know by Monday if they respect the order and leave the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

bray_head wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, yes the order allows for vacant possession, however the family always leaves someone in the house. Anyway I'll know by Monday if they respect the order and leave the house.

Not holding my breath but I hope it works out for you.

Advertisement