Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared ownership scheme take-over

Options
  • 19-07-2017 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I have recently been approached by the local council to take over the entire shared ownership loan I have with them on my apartment.
    I have been approved and all is going swimmingly.
    I am just looking to see if anyone else is in this situation and how they are finding it.
    Also has anyone heard of any discounts being offered on the figure owed.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

OP, I moved your thread to the main Accommodation & Property forum where you may get more responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CandleBright

Hi,

I have been approached by DDC as far as I can see they are trying to get these properties off the books.
    I have met with DCC before and to me the scheme was not what i thought it was i paid over €20,000 to the council for the so called rent (name of this changes) yet i sill owe the same amount from both my half and their half.

Have you completed the buy out? are you with DCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bunty04

Hi did u get sorted i hav been contacted too any advise

Advertisement