Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini bus to camper

Options
  • 19-07-2017 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all if I bought say a vw caravelle minibus and converted it to camper would I have to pay to register it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sovietpop

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

As far as I know if its a bus you don't as vrt had all ready been paid on it..if it was van then you would..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭alias no.9

How many seats are in it? If less than 8 passengers plus 1 driver then it's likely been VRTd as a car and will have paid enough to cancel anything owed on conversion. If it was VRTd as a minibus then it'll probably have a charge on conversion. What is the body type on the VLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Wizard

I bought an ldv convoy minibus and converted it.
    I got a slight reduction in vrt as some had been paid but I still had to pay quite a bit .

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Wizard wrote: »
    I bought an ldv convoy minibus and converted it.
    I got a slight reduction in vrt as some had been paid but I still had to pay quite a bit .

10+ seats is Category C so would only have commercial VRT paid. Nearly converted a convoy myself, you could get ex public service / PSNI ones in the north with 35k miles for 1-2k a few years back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement