Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lighting

Options
  • 19-07-2017 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I've connected up a new dimmer switch and ceiling rose in our sitting room.
    Since doing this, the only light down stairs working is the sitting room.
    The wiring in the ceiling rose seems ok as it's working. However I've tried every combination possible with the wiring into the dimmer switch and still the only light working is the sitting room. A few combinations in the dimmer switch however did light the entire downstairs on the house with the dimmer control at a very low light.
    Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

My suggestion would be to get an Electrician (REC) in. Simply trying every combination in the hope of making it work and the hope of not creating a dangerous situation is not very clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

DanCraze wrote: »
    I've connected up a new dimmer switch and ceiling rose in our sitting room.
    Since doing this, the only light down stairs working is the sitting room.
    The wiring in the ceiling rose seems ok as it's working. However I've tried every combination possible with the wiring into the dimmer switch and still the only light working is the sitting room. A few combinations in the dimmer switch however did light the entire downstairs on the house with the dimmer control at a very low light.
    Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Thanks!

Sounds like another case of join all the browns together and all the blues together at the ceiling rose. Time to call an electrician I'd say.

Advertisement