Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does it take to end a contract with eir?

Options
  • 19-07-2017 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi

Several months ago, I started the process of switching from an eir bundle (TV, internet and telephone) to a Virgin media package.  Despite much contact with your various outsourced contact options, eir denied having ever received the online switching form (yet the elusive loyalty team was subsequently able to make reference to it).

Having invested way too much time and effort in try to resolve this, and lack of guarantee on telephone number portability, I went through the incredibily onerous task of making contact with the loyalty team (misnomer if there ever was one) and was finally sucessful on 14th June.

I had to remind the agent that they were meant to process the cancellation before trying to sell me alternatives, and indeed only the threat of escalating to Comreg got agreement to issue the cancelation confirmation (which I received by email that day).  This email confirmed that my services would be cancelled in the 30 day, i.e. 14th July, yet I have yet to receive your instructions of how you want the equipment returned.

I have just received getmore@eir.ie which now states that eir bundle will be cancelled "30 days from the date of this notification" and again indicating that instructions for equipment return will follow.

As I have confirmation that I had given you contracted notice and services were due to end on the 14th July, how can I escalate this to ensure that equipment return information is issued immediately and I am not billed past the 14th.  

While I had no problem with the eir bundle for a number of years, the quality of customer service I have encountered in the past few month has shocked me and I want to end the furstraction as quickly as possible and would appreciate assistance in this regard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Shuttle666,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience to date. 

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will follow this up with our loyalty department?

Thanks, 
    Anna 

Advertisement