Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a little rolled lawn sod in Dublin (Not too dear)

Options
  • 19-07-2017 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of places that would sell a small amount (about 12msqr).
    B&Q would be one option alright.
    It would be in a relatively high use area so can't do grass seed without loosing my mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

I recently bought and laid 20 square meters from Homebase - about 25 rolls. Filled up the car, rolled out, looks alright now a week later.

When I priced the same with the popular website often mentioned here + delivery, it came up close to 300 euros (something like 9 euro a square meter + delivery). Homebase is much cheaper at 4 euro a square yard. Another tip that worked for my advantage is that Homebase gets fresh turf delivered on Thursday evenings - well my local one anyway, probably the same elsewhere too, worth checking. So if you want fresh turf, pick them up on Friday morning. In fact I went into Homebase on Saturday evening and the rolls were past their prime and they gave me a nice discount. Grass looked a bit sad / yellow when I rolled it out the same day, but everything looks perfect now after a week of watering and sunshine. Worked out way cheaper than getting it from the website I mentioned earlier - except for a manky car... !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Cheers. I'd forgotten about Homebase

Advertisement