Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an Incremental Credit for Last Year - Help Please

Options
  • 19-07-2017 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi all,

Last year was my first year qualified and I just have a few questions about getting an incremental credit if some of you wouldn't mind helping me. So last year, I worked full hours from September to February as a non casual substitute covering a maternity leave in post-primary. From February on, I was working in the same school just doing general substitution so my hours weren't full but I still got pretty good hours between then and the end of the school year.

1. My first question is how do I find out exactly how many hours I worked last year?
    2. What are the steps involved in looking to get an incremental credit?
    3. Did I miss a cut-off date for getting my credit for this upcoming year?

I'm just a bit clueless as it's my first time getting this sorted. All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Hi all,

Last year was my first year qualified and I just have a few questions about getting an incremental credit if some of you wouldn't mind helping me. So last year, I worked full hours from September to February as a non casual substitute covering a maternity leave in post-primary. From February on, I was working in the same school just doing general substitution so my hours weren't full but I still got pretty good hours between then and the end of the school year.

1. My first question is how do I find out exactly how many hours I worked last year?
    2. What are the steps involved in looking to get an incremental credit?
    3. Did I miss a cut-off date for getting my credit for this upcoming year?

I'm just a bit clueless as it's my first time getting this sorted. All help appreciated.

1. Statement of service from the dept or ETB
    2. I think you have to work 600 hours to be eligible for increment. Remember if you're working in a voluntary secondary school, there was an increment freeze during the industrial action - I think the delay is three months - can be corrected on this.
    3. I'm assuming I've answered this in point 2.

The union websites are good for this kind of information. I remember when I first qualified going to a union event explaining teaching - contracts/hours etc. and your payslip. I think it would be a worthwhile lecture or two during the dip for graduates to get to grips with teaching. I think you'd need to be an accountant to read the payslips.

Advertisement