Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Pretty Please Poddle Park, Kimmage, Dublin 12

Options
  • 19-07-2017 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Fellow Board Friends,

Thinking of going sale agreed on house in Poddle Park. Not sure of area in relaton to both safety and schools.

Any advice would be extremely welcome as it's such a big decision and it's all very scary!

Many thanks,

Mary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Poddle park is fine, but google poddle close, that's all I'll say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mary1982

Cheers Shane! Looked up poddle close and it seems to suggest it's not as bad as it used to be and most of the really bad types have moved on. Is that not the case?

The house is nice and it's so close to town and terenure, harolds cross etc making it so very tempting. Unfortunately not familiar with Kimmage at all and the fear of buying somewhere only to discover its really dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

The D12/6W area is grand. Kimmage is perfectly safe which is often reflected in very high house prices.
    I live in neighbouring Crumlin which has its pockets but is generally also good.
    I am not too sure about local schools as our daughter will be attending the new ET school in Manor Estate/Greenhills area.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Ive lived in the area for the last 10 years and generally is very good, just heard bad things about poddle close over the years,

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eire81

Hi folks,
    Just looking for up to date advice please regarding living in the area of kimmage close to the poddle particularly the area near clonard road and poddle close. I have read older mixed reports about the area..that it used to have a rough rep but has cleaned up in recent years.any up to date advice/opinions from people in the know would be much appreciated.would you recommend the area as a place to live?
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
Advertisement