Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with installation of program update...?

• 19-07-2017 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I have just downloaded an update of Hasselblad's Phocus software to my MacBook Pro.

I accessed the update in the downloads folder and clicked on it.

A window opened and I was asked to drag the program icon to the Applications folder, which I did.

The program appeared to install OK, and when I clicked on its icon in the quick launch tray at the bottom of the screen, it opened.

I also checked in About Phocus for the version number, and it's correct.

My problem is that, in the top left of the program's window, there is a yellow reduce icon and a green 'fill screen' icon.

But, there is no red X to close the program. Just a black box.

So, I have to close it long-handed, so to speak.

How can I make the red X appear?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The red x doesn't close the app, it closes the window and usually leaves the app open. Some Apple and third party apps (confusingly) quit as well but usually only if the app supports resuming where it left off.

I'm not familiar with the app in question, but if the x is just greyed out and File > Quit works as normal, then it's a developer problem and most likely deliberate. Some apps don't want you closing the main window while the app is open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

The red x doesn't close the app, it closes the window and usually leaves the app open. Some Apple and third party apps (confusingly) quit as well but usually only if the app supports resuming where it left off.

I'm not familiar with the app in question, but if the x is just greyed out and File > Quit works as normal, then it's a developer problem and most likely deliberate. Some apps don't want you closing the main window while the app is open.

Your guess is absolutely correct.

I discovered elsewhere that, in this update, they have removed the red X for the reasons you state. It can only be closed via File/Quit now.

Thanks.

D.

Advertisement