Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone here use Prime Video on Xbox One S?

• 19-07-2017 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

Can anyone with Irish prime video subscription tell me if it works properly & streams UHD shows on Xbox One S?
    Reason I ask is I purchased a Panasonic 4K tv advertised as prime video compatible, but it only works with certain regions e.g. UK/DE/US etc.

I have Prime Video working on my ps4 in 1080p.
    I would purchase Xbox one s if it definitely works with prime video international as it also has a UHD blu ray drive which would just about justify the purchase!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Prime Video doesn't support consoles in Ireland yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Buttros

Works for me. Just checked now to be sure. Looking at the grand tour in HDR UHD. App is called Amazon video. Honestly can't remember where I installed it. Was it via UK store or what. I have two apps called the same thing that work differently. I've pinned the one I want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭ffocused

i think you need to get it from uk or us store, at least thats how i got it for ps4.
    Could you please try something else in 4k like American Gods or Bosch season 3? The reason i ask is that The Grand Tour plays in 4k on my Panasonic tv as it is a 'watch abroad' title.
    When i try to watch practically anything else i am prompted to 'buy prime'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Buttros

Both work in UHD. Good selection there now. Tried the other app and it worked too. I thought one of the apps was giving that play from abroad thing. Must have changed

Fyi I'm currently a prime subscriber. Got it before prime day. Not sure if this has any impact.

Advertisement