Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted books

Options
  • 19-07-2017 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

I have a few boxes of books which are just creating clutter at home. I have tried both SVP and My Canine Companion, neither of whom are accepting books in their charity shops any more.

Id prefer not dump them as there is some value in there to someone (and 50 shades of Grey :pac:), so does any one know of any where that takes books anymore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Vibes and scribes.

Also the charity shop upstairs in the merchants quay shopping center.

Otherwise, paper recycling. A lot of paperbacks are very poor quality publishing and basically fall apart..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

There's some type of bookdrive out in B&Q, not sure which charity it's for, but I think it's something local.

I'm very light on details, but they'll definitely take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

gimmick wrote: »
    I have a few boxes of books which are just creating clutter at home. I have tried both SVP and My Canine Companion, neither of whom are accepting books in their charity shops any more.

Id prefer not dump them as there is some value in there to someone (and 50 shades of Grey :pac:), so does any one know of any where that takes books anymore?

I've had to go through the process of off loading old books recently. I mostly went to Charity shops, but unless they were virtually new, they weren't interested. Unfortunately I had to dump the vast majority, eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Irish cancer society shop near North Main street takes books. Also try offering them on Freecycle.

Advertisement