Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Food in the League of Ireland

• 19-07-2017 3:08pm

Hi, this is a random thread, but who has the best food in the League of Ireland? I know Dalymount used to have Leo Burdocks, but I don't think they do any more. So what I'm really looking for is what food options the League of Ireland clubs provide :D

Comments

Is there still the mighty

CDDzElFWYAIthlA.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its isn't Turners Cross anyway. Overpriced sh which is basically barely suitable for dogs. And the stink off the burgers would bring a tear to your eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

In before someone says Mon Dogs.

I haven't eaten much at LOI grounds over the years, it's usually better to go to the nearest chipper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Grub in Tallaght is pretty inedible unless you've had 7 or 8 pints before hand, Bray used to have a good chipper but haven't been there in a couple of seasons so don't know if it's still there

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Bohs introduced a Pie stand which started off as a bit of a novelty but prices were a bit much (8 euro)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

In my experience it's always best to eat beforehand whenever possible. Food in the grounds is usually terrible/rip off/both.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Back during winter football I absolutely loved my HT vegetable soup on a cold night at the Showgrounds. We were in the 1D so the soup was usually the best part of the night. Those days are gone..

Food from a van is usually sh*te in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Bringing back memories of Rocketman in Tolka.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

uch wrote: »
    Grub in Tallaght is pretty inedible unless you've had 7 or 8 pints before hand, Bray used to have a good chipper but haven't been there in a couple of seasons so don't know if it's still there

Papa John's is grand

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tolka used to have a Leo Burdocks - to be honest having grub in a tray like that it just goes cold in a couple of minutes.

Kildare County used to have Pot Noddles while Kilkenny City used to sells sambos with mugs of tea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It's food from a van.

It's going to be crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Tolka used to have a Leo Burdocks - to be honest having grub in a tray like that it just goes cold in a couple of minutes.

Kildare County used to have Pot Noddles while Kilkenny City used to sells sambos with mugs of tea!
    Preseason friendly in Castlebar a few years back we got tea in actual ceramic mugs. There was a delay at half time cause they ran out of mugs. Possibly the best game ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Got a decent bag of chips at Finn Park when Limerick played there two years ago, pity we got relegated that night.

Don't mind going to Sligo cause you've got Supermacs on the way and obviously Junction 14 when heading to Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Bringing back memories of Rocketman in Tolka.....

What a blast from the past. One of the vendors looked like a certain St Pats legend and used to get the chant of ''Osam sells the soup, he sells the soup,he sells the soup, he sells the...''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Got a decent bag of chips at Finn Park

Navenny Grill 2 seconds away from Finn Park do unreal chips!

Advertisement