Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment 2017; Stage 2.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Comphack wrote: »
    In a predicement guys. Little off topic

Ive just started a job on 19th of july. I am on holidays next week (booked march) PAS have asked i come in on 18th that morning.

Im off 10th 11th and PAS have no slots . What do i do ? Is there anyone who could swap with ?? I really dont want to go to my boss again saying i need a few hours off (have not even signed a contract yet i keep emailing HR) .

Any advice welcome.

Could you ring in sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Comphack

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Could you ring in sick?

Thats what i thought as well. I have been opening So i might ask for a later shift i dont know how long PAS will be ...do you ?? . Ive been staying behind already cause theres alot to be done. I also was thinking i could just go in late and say i slept it out. I dont want to say what im doing obviously to boss on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Evannaoc

anybody any advice or useful website links for the report writing section of Stage 2 ?

Yeah I could do with some help on this one

Thats what i thought as well. I have been opening So i might ask for a later shift i dont know how long PAS will be ...do you ?? . Ive been staying behind already cause theres alot to be done. I also was thinking i could just go in late and say i slept it out. I dont want to say what im doing obviously to boss on the day.

is it shift work job? if so perhaps just say you've an important last minute appointment and could you do the later shift. I work shift work and it's handy for getting time off like that, best of luck with whatever Happens all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I understand alright that's a tricky one!

I m sure PAS have you in there for around 3 hours with a break half ways through

If you drive to work could you say you had car trouble and will be in ASAP ?

Worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Anyone who sat their stage 2 assessments today, how did ye all get on, I'm up in 2 weeks time, bricking it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Best of luck to everyone doing stage 2 assessments this week and over the next couple of weeks, doing mine Friday, will be glad once it's over! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 raymond00999

hi just wondering did every1 get a confirmation email when the booked there test i booked mine for the 11th but got no email also is dere any familiarisation sent for stage 2?

hi just wondering did every1 get a confirmation email when the booked there test i booked mine for the 11th but got no email also is dere any familiarisation sent for stage 2?

I'm the same, I havn't got a confirmation email yet, I'm booked in for the 10th. I got no familaration material either. I'd say that will be in a link with the confirmation email. I'd say they'll be sent out soon this week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Rachel1995

vardy98 wrote: »
    I'm the same, I havn't got a confirmation email yet, I'm booked in for the 10th. I got no familaration material either. I'd say that will be in a link with the confirmation email. I'd say they'll be sent out soon this week...

Just got a confirmation email there in the last few minutes with the material as well ! I'm booked for the 11th.. Good Luck to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jdk98

Hi lads I just checked my leaving cert again since I got the confirmation email for my test and I was wondering if LCVP counted as one of the 5 subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ellawr

How did those who have completed stage 2 find it? I'm not feeling too confident after the job simulation

Ellawr wrote:
    How did those who have completed stage 2 find it? I'm not feeling too confident after the job simulation

The job simulation seems to be on a lot of people's mind this campaign, I no it was on mind in stage 1. How did the report go for yourself if you don't mind me asking. I'm up next week. A bit nervous. Thanks.

The job simulation seems to be on a lot of people's mind this campaign, I no it was on mind in stage 1. How did the report go for yourself if you don't mind me asking. I'm up next week. A bit nervous. Thanks.

any advice towards job simulation? feeling unsure about the report writing also 😣

Evannaoc wrote:
    any advice towards job simulation? feeling unsure about the report writing also 😣

The job simulation questions, most of them you just use common sense and try to imagine yourself in that situation and what would be the most appropriate thing to do at that time. On the report the best thing I can tell you to do is get the careers services online course, it gives you the structure of a report and lots of sample ones to try out, it costs a few bob but it'll be worth it in the end I hope.... I hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Aaron_998

What sort of dress code we expected to wear at stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Aaron_998 wrote: »
    What sort of dress code we expected to wear at stage 2?

There is none. Wear whatever your comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ericoc44

Hi I have my appointment for Friday I was just wondering what do I need to bring up with me ?

Ericoc44 wrote:
    Hi I have my appointment for Friday I was just wondering what do I need to bring up with me ?

In the call centre confirmation email we got on our public jobs message board their was a link at rhe end and it gave us the list of what we need as well as what to expect from stage 2, we need to bring the following;

1. Print out or copy of your invitation to attend the assessment centre.
    2. Photo ID, driving licence or pass port.
    3. Passport photo, with your candidate I'D and your name signed on the back.

Hope this helps you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MountshannonTB

Hi lads, there seems to be a lot of people on this for the different dates. Would it make sense of a fee of us set up different WhatsApp groups for the different dates for Stage 2, I'm booked in for the 11th of August for example, just an idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Daniel!

Hi lads, there seems to be a lot of people on this for the different dates. Would it make sense of a fee of us set up different WhatsApp groups for the different dates for Stage 2, I'm booked in for the 11th of August for example, just an idea?

Hardly worth it. Only 40 in each session. One WhatsApp group for all would do.
    They said the results will be out after the 25th of August so a bit of a wait now.

A positive note from the day out in Dublin was that the fella giving the orientation was absolutely hilarious.

Daniel! wrote:
    Hardly worth it. Only 40 in each session. One WhatsApp group for all would do. They said the results will be out after the 25th of August so a bit of a wait now.

Daniel! wrote:
    A positive note from the day out in Dublin was that the fella giving the orientation was absolutely hilarious.

Just in relation to you saying that they said the results will be out after the 25th of August for stage 2, is that for everyone who will sit stage 2 or just the first 550 candidates. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Daniel!

Just in relation to you saying that they said the results will be out after the 25th of August for stage 2, is that for everyone who will sit stage 2 or just the first 550 candidates. Thanks in advance.

That I can't answer! I was in the 300's but I presume that they'll finish all stage 2's before releasing the results of everyone together? "From the 25th" are the words she used exactly!

Could be possible that it depends on when they finish all the stage 2's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Orla20

I got confirmation on monday up the 11th August 😱

around what OOM are you, im trying to figure out when i may be called, im around the 1600's

have you been called yet? my number is a little after yourself trynna figure out where they're at

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ladybosskerry

Evannaoc wrote: »
    have you been called yet? my number is a little after yourself trynna figure out where they're at

No haven't been called yet, but can't be too far off, they are completing all of stage 2 first before giving results to all.
    After the results we will have a new OOM according to PAS!

Hey guys. Does anyone know how strict or how tough they mark the report writing exam? I was happy enough with the 3 other assessments but feeling deflated about the report writing. If anyone has any idea how it's marked I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

You'll be fine, follow the structure Mr.Black posted back a few days ago. Once you do it in that manner you should be well on your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Kerryman, the same for me. I think the report writing annihilated my possibilities to go to the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Susan3737

Hi guys can anyone help me I can't open my test familiarisation booklet it just keeps saying error would anyone be able to send it to me please or can anyone give me any tips for the exams I'm doin mine Tuesday morning I got a score of 893

• Advertisement

Susan3737 wrote: »
    Hi guys can anyone help me I can't open my test familiarisation booklet it just keeps saying error would anyone be able to send it to me please or can anyone give me any tips for the exams I'm doin mine Tuesday morning I got a score of 893

You'll have to download it on a laptop or Pc, it won't download on your phone.

Thank u

Hi guys does anyone have any idea of how lenient are they with the retest of the two aptitude tests. For example, if I got 15 questions right in the first aptitude test, how many will they allow you to get wrong in Dublin. Do they have a set amount of questions you can get wrong? It could help with my study and practice if I knew this. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maynooth101

Hi, did they mention how soon after the stage 2 results, the stage 3 interviews were starting?
    My stage 2 test is 11th August, but I'm missing some language proficiency paperwork for the stage 3,that I wont have till mid September.

Hi, did they mention how soon after the stage 2 results, the stage 3 interviews were starting? My stage 2 test is 11th August, but I'm missing some language proficiency paperwork for the stage 3,that I wont have till mid September.

Hi, in the garda trainee 2017 familaration booklet, it says that stage 3, interviews and other assessments will commence in September, I would assume at how quickly this campaign is moving along it will be early September in not middle, but that's only my opinion. I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maynooth101

Hi, in the garda trainee 2017 familaration booklet, it says that stage 3, interviews and other assessments will commence in September, I would assume at how quickly this campaign is moving along it will be early September in not middle, but that's only my opinion. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the answer, but I cant see in the familiarisation handbook where it says september commencing...
    Does anybody know how they book the interviews for stage 3? is there an option to defer to a later interview date? any clarification/information really appreciated.

Thanks for the answer, but I cant see in the familiarisation handbook where it says september commencing...
    Does anybody know how they book the interviews for stage 3? is there an option to defer to a later interview date? any clarification/information really appreciated.

yeah I've a close family members wedding in September my nerves that id be called for an interview the same day, if I get that far that is

Told today it would be the 15th of sept for results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sqlking

Hi All .I did stage 2..i just need some advice..i received an adult caution a number of years ago ..I was no harm and met the super after who said the guard involved noted I was no trouble..it was just being drunk nothing else. im wondering if this will affect me..i had never come to any attention before or after this and was a total one off..i know the form b requires you to submit details of convictions but this is not a conviction..the super advised at the time it wouldn't have any effect just wondering if anyone can advise..much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Yoop_

Sqlking wrote: »
    Hi All .I did stage 2..i just need some advice..i received an adult caution a number of years ago ..I was no harm and met the super after who said the guard involved noted I was no trouble..it was just being drunk nothing else. im wondering if this will affect me..i had never come to any attention before or after this and was a total one off..i know the form b requires you to submit details of convictions but this is not a conviction..the super advised at the time it wouldn't have any effect just wondering if anyone can advise..much appreciated

I would say you should mention it. Did you go to the presentation on your test day? The sergeant who spoke to my group last week spoke about this kind of thing and advised us to disclose everything but from what I gathered, you should be fine. It might be different for something more serious, but from what was said I don't think it should affect you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sqlking

Yoop_ wrote: »
    I would say you should mention it. Did you go to the presentation on your test day? The sergeant who spoke to my group last week spoke about this kind of thing and advised us to disclose everything but from what I gathered, you should be fine. It might be different for something more serious, but from what was said I don't think it should affect you.

Yes I was there too..i should have asked after in person..as I say it was very minor and didn't cause anyone any bother..clearly I will be saying no on the part where it asks about a conviction..it is also a number of years ago and was a one off

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Hi guys did anyone get the message about booking their stage 2 that will commence from Thursday 17th August?And also any advice from people who have already done it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

deiseman17 wrote: »
    Hi guys did anyone get the message about booking their stage 2 that will commence from Thursday 17th August?And also any advice from people who have already done it? :)

Pay a lot of attention from the very beginning of the instructional video, just this.

deiseman17 wrote: »

yeah I just booked mine literally right now, they were talking placements for the 18th or 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Thanks lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Woody 123

Hi all,

Quick question. I have my stage 2 appointment tomorrow. The confirmation email i received says Time:13:45. Am i right in saying i have to be there an hour before this? i thought when i was booking the women said to be here an hour before your appointment.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PintMan1

Hi guys,
    I have completed stage 2. Just wondering do we get a new OOM number when the results come out after 25th August?
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PintMan1

Woody 123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Quick question. I have my stage 2 appointment tomorrow. The confirmation email i received says Time:13:45. Am i right in saying i have to be there an hour before this? i thought when i was booking the women said to be here an hour before your appointment.

Thanks for the help.
    If you are there for 13.30 you will be fine. Just make sure you have your ID, passport picture and letter with date/time of test!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 damien205

Hi,
    Just wondering could you tell me how long u waited for your confirmation email? I booked my appointment earlier today but still haven't received the email. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Yoop_

damien205 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering could you tell me how long u waited for your confirmation email? I booked my appointment earlier today but still haven't received the email. Thanks

I was waiting about a week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement