Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment 2017; Stage 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Gizmo94

madcabbage wrote: »
    Results are up

I made the cut

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

madcabbage wrote: »
    Results are up

How did you get on?

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    How did you get on?

Hi 600s myself u ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

In shock I'm after getting through to stage 3. Placed in the 300s. Congrats anyone else who passed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ladybosskerry

Im through early 600's :)

Gizmo94 wrote: »
    Hi 600s myself u ?

Well done! In the 300’s! Happy out with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Still haven't gotten my stage 2 results yet! Is everyone that has recieved results from the beginning of august?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Ciano1997

Passed onto stage 3, oom 800's

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rachel1995

User2206 wrote: »
    Still haven't gotten my stage 2 results yet! Is everyone that has recieved results from the beginning of august?

Hey I did my tests on the 11th of August- got through in the 400's delighted !

I rang PAS after lunch today and they said they’ll be releasing the results in small groups up to next Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 doncop

Well folks hope everyone has done well!! Convinced myself that I hadn't got through and was very pleasantly surprised with good news! Buzzing in work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

So unfotuantly i missed out on 4 marks on the job simulation exercises, I really thought I passed that, does anyone no how to appeal the result, I no some would say it's a waist of time but I'd rather try than do nothing. Any advice at all would be really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

vardy98 wrote: »
    So unfotuantly i missed out on 4 marks on the job simulation exercises, I really thought I passed that, does anyone no how to appeal the result, I no some would say it's a waist of time but I'd rather try than do nothing. Any advice at all would be really appreciated.

What did they say was the qualifying score for the job simulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mooju

kerryman85 wrote: »
    What did they say was the qualifying score for the job simulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Rang PAS they said end of September (more than likely tomorrow Friday) or early October for results..Looks like its going to October now :/

deiseman17 wrote: »
    Rang PAS they said end of September (more than likely tomorrow Friday) or early October for results..Looks like its going to October now :/

This is dreadful :(

This is dreadful :(

I'd say get used to waiting this whole process is going to take in excess of 12mths realistic start date late 2018 or early 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smcs2017

Received results last Fri. Apparently interviews being held since 18th of Sept going through to the new year. Longest process ever

Gizmo94 wrote: »
    I'd say get used to waiting this whole process is going to take in excess of 12mths realistic start date late 2018 or early 2019

Ya looks that way alright, be a lot more helpful and stress free if they gave us dates and just adhered to them, be a lot easier for everyone involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ivandrago2008

Smcs2017 wrote: »
    Received results last Fri. Apparently interviews being held since 18th of Sept going through to the new year. Longest process ever

Trust me. You've only scratched the surface of the waiting process

Look lads and Lasses the way I look at it is it will be sorted when its sorted. Get on with our every day jobs and forget about it. It will make a lovely surprise then when we receive the email about the next stage etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MountshannonTB

Got a date there for the interview and I received my results there last Friday so hopefully more of ye did!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

Got a date there for the interview and I received my results there last Friday so hopefully more of ye did!

Yeah same!

Guys what's your oom's just so we've got an idea of what number there on for the interviews?

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Guys what's your oom's just so we've got an idea of what number there on for the interviews?
    first 350 should be waiting on results late next week I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Rachel1995

I placed in the high 400s and I got my email today

350-360. Interview in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Anybody from August 20th onwards heard anything yet from PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Anybody from August 20th onwards heard anything yet from PAS?

Rang them a few days ago and they said early this week. I expect we'll hear today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doncop

canonball5 wrote: »

Rang them a few days ago and they said early this week. I expect we'll hear today or tomorrow.

Roughly what OOM score were you ? Im mid 800s so just trying to get an idea when I can expect an interview

• Advertisement

canonball5 wrote: »

Do you think so? Usually results come on a Friday? I might give them a ring later to try get an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

doncop wrote: »
    Roughly what OOM score were you ? Im mid 800s so just trying to get an idea when I can expect an interview

I'm 1200's. They said we should have got an email last Friday (which we didn't) explaining it would be early this week.

Anybody onto the PAS today regarding the results? :)

Anybody onto the PAS today regarding the results? :)

I rang them a half hour ago and they said wed have them in the next couple of days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Anyone here from August 17th my oom is 773 any idea in and around what date the interview would be?

And if all goes well would we be part of the February 2018 intake to templemore?

Thanks

Rachel1995 wrote: »
    I placed in the high 400s and I got my email today

I'm 773 still waiting

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    Anyone here from August 17th my oom is 773 any idea in and around what date the interview would be?

And if all goes well would we be part of the February 2018 intake to templemore?

Thanks

I'm from week before that, have my interview date but wouldn't really be expecting Feb. It would be great but would be more hoping for May.

Weejohnny wrote: »
    I'm from week before that, have my interview date but wouldn't really be expecting Feb. It would be great but would be more hoping for May.

What dates your interview?

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    What dates your interview?

Two weeks time!

Two weeks time!

And what was your oom? Sorry for all the questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

I'm in the 900's. I'll be looking at next August at the earliest I'd say with the numbers ahead of me.

May would be far too hopeful. I'm from September 2016 with an oom of mid 500s. Did my interview last February. I'm hoping to go down in February 2018. There's a lot of people from previous campaigns waiting to go in. I think the highest oom's from your campaign will start going to templemore next august. Realistically it will likely be 2019 before most of yous go to the college

May would be far too hopeful. I'm from September 2016 with an oom of mid 500s. Did my interview last February. I'm hoping to go down in February 2018. There's a lot of people from previous campaigns waiting to go in. I think the highest oom's from your campaign will start going to templemore next august. Realistically it will likely be 2019 before most of yous go to the college

Cheers it's good to know! Bit of a wait but hopefully will all be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jonnymurphy

Got stage 2 results at 6 today placed mid 900s so not to bad

Got stage 2 results at 6 today placed mid 900s so not to bad

I got mine last week, high 700s so anxiously awaiting an interview date

• Registered Users Posts: 31 floggmolly

Sorry to burst your bubble but the oom has a lot to do with it, for example the highest ooms of this campaign will go in before the ones from your campaign with a lower oom. It's not about who has been waiting the longest!

floggmolly wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble but the oom has a lot to do with it, for example the highest ooms of this campaign will go in before the ones from your campaign with a lower oom. It's not about who has been waiting the longest!

Actually older campaigns take priority. The January 2016 campaign takes priority over mine. If everything is done and vetting all signed off the older campaigns go in first. Just trying to help temper your expectations. It's a long, slow wait before you go in

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Deedee27

I know off the topic here congrats to all making it in to stage 3, does anybody know the passin score for the written report was ? And how to re appeal the score so unfortunate to have got this far this time and have to Waite again

Any advice really much appreciated!

😔

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Anybody sit stage 2 in Sept yet to receive results?

• Advertisement

Guys I passed stage 2 , my oom is 800's , any idea if anyone closer has been called for interview, I feel like it's gonna be x-mad on early Jan? Also, any ideas of trying to improve fitness?

Advertisement