Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry lining and rewiring cost

Options
  • 19-07-2017 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have just purchased a house and the first jobs we want to carry out are to rewire and dry line the place.
    The house was built in the 60's so there is a mixture of old and new wiring in the house. How much would it cost to upgrade the wiring. We would also like to add / move a couple of sockets to some rooms and spotlights in the kitchen. Also if you are upgrading the wiring do you have to move the ESB fusebox outside or can you leave it in the house.
    And how much would it cost to get the place dry lined.
    The house is a normal size 3 bed semi.
    Any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

beardybjj wrote: »
    I have just purchased a house and the first jobs we want to carry out are to rewire and dry line the place.
    The house was built in the 60's so there is a mixture of old and new wiring in the house. How much would it cost to upgrade the wiring. We would also like to add / move a couple of sockets to some rooms and spotlights in the kitchen. Also if you are upgrading the wiring do you have to move the ESB fusebox outside or can you leave it in the house.
    And how much would it cost to get the place dry lined.
    The house is a normal size 3 bed semi.
    Any feedback is appreciated.

I can't give you a huge amount of info, but I'll give you some! We're waiting to get our house rewired, it's been a nightmare to find someone to do it! Our house is older, so has really thick stone walls. It's 2 storey, 4 bedrooms.
    The wiring is old and "unique" they said, so it might be more complicated than yours! we don't have a huge amount of plugs (there's only one in each bedroom), and we're not putting in extra. Theres also three outside lights.
    We had one quote of 7.5k ex vat. That didn't include plastering after, and generally putting the house back together, after all the floors were ripped up, or painting, and I think that's where it would have gotten really costly!

The fuse box doesn't have to be moved though, it's going to be in the same spot!

Advertisement