Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wyattville Road one lane both directions - for how long?

Options
  • 19-07-2017 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What road was backed up to kilternan? I'm a little confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

"Work has commenced on the Wyattville Road Pedestrian and Cycle Scheme. For a 72 hour period (maximum) from the 18th to the 20th July 2017 traffic will be reduced to one lane on both carriageways from Wyattville Close to Old Wyattville Road Junction. This lane closure is to facilitate the installation of the slip form kerb along the cycle track".

Traffic is advised to divert to alternative routes to avoid delays that will result from the lane restriction."

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/news/general-news/wyattville-road-improvement-scheme-2017

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

That's better, the m50 doesn't go by Kilternan and I was trying to figure out how it'd be backed up

• Advertisement

I drove to work for the first time in a while and at 7:30 it was grand ( both lanes open, but narrowed)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

....... wrote: »

I'm not sure how they couldn't have predicted that. Since it opened there have been tailbacks almost to the m50 exit on the best of days, half the capacity and you're very obviously going to have huge issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wait until the Cherrywood roundabout becomes a crossroads, it will be chaos every morning and evening.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Supercell wrote: »
    Wait until the Cherrywood roundabout becomes a crossroads, it will be chaos every morning and evening.
    Is that the final decision there? I though a fly under was being mooted?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

No fly under that I can see, the crossroads are well underway already from the looks of it. As it is, that roundabout is extremely busy at rush hour, stopping cars for lights isn't going to make things any better thats for sure. I bet there will be claims of "we never expected it" when the M50 southbound becomes a carpark every weekday evening.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pookakie

Total carnage again this morning, traffic backed up stationary as far back as Sandyford on the M50. People an hour late for work. Apparently the works are going to continue until May 2018! It would want to be a hell of a cycle lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

Many have still not yet arrived in my office!

Total disaster.

I posted on the other cherrywood thread about this, it is totally ridiculous, not minor delays, really really serious delays, cars are just not moving!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

is this due to the new junction at cherrywoo that is being built, or because of the lane closures on Wyattville road where they building a new cycle track?

It will be one hell of a cycle track though, at least it should be based on the amount of time it is taking to build it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Roadworks. They'll be there tomorrow too, according to LiveDrive.

You may be better off going through cornelscourt or Cabintelly and coming from the N11 as opposed to m50

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Ruby31

pookakie wrote: »
    Total carnage again this morning, traffic backed up stationary as far back as Sandyford on the M50. People an hour late for work. Apparently the works are going to continue until May 2018! It would want to be a hell of a cycle lane.

I had two kids losing the plot in the car! It was so bad this morning. I'm going to try an alternative route tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Is there a project website for these works or twitter, similar to how luas cross city was done? LCC did an excellent job of broadcasting delays, re-routes etc.

Advertisement