Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 positive tests

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

andreac wrote: »
    I doubt it will be internal. What makes you think that? I had a normal scan on my tummy at 7 weeks so I'd say it would just be normal scan.

She has it in her head it will be an internal due to having a M/C in March of this year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I doubt it will be internal. I had one early enough in the last pregnancy, as i said earlier in the thread because of a mc the second time. That was across the stomach and sure enough there was a heartbeat pumping away for us all to see. Hands down, best movie I've ever seen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

If it's an internal, your wife can also ask to insert the prob herself if she's more comfortable. They are not the most comfortable things in the world, but not as bad as they sound either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I had internal at 6 and 8 weeks and external then at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I doubt very much it'll be internal. At the very least I imagine they will try ultrasound first and if shes before 7 weeks then do an internal.

Ive had countless internal scans during fertility treatment and honestly they are fine. The thought is much worse than the reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

If shes over 8 weeks its unlikely to be an internal scan. Mainly done in the very early weeks of pregnancy. After 8 weeks the heartbeat is usually visible

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Depends on how far along she is. They'll try the tummy first and if it's looking like it's on the early side they may go internal to make sure they can date it accurately. Tell her to go in with a full bladder either way cos she'll need it for the tummy scan, and if they want to do an internal scan they'll get her to go and pee before they do it.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The Mrs reckons herself she's either 7 or 11 weeks.

She has been wrong twice previously though with her dates.

Hannibal, i know what you mean by that movie, i loved watching and hearing it on previous scans.

Google is leading her astray in what she's thinking i believe.

She has looked in here on boards at the various threads over the years i was told.

Not a registered boardsie though.

She doesn't even know my username here and i live with her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

So that is true?

I thought it would be a normal scan across the stomach.

They might well do an ordinary scan first, and only an internal if they need to. It probably depends on what dates she's going by, and whether they think theyll be able to establish a date with an ordinary scan.
    The internal scan isn't anythibg to worry about though!

jlm29 wrote: »
    They might well do an ordinary scan first, and only an internal if they need to. It probably depends on what dates she's going by, and whether they think theyll be able to establish a date with an ordinary scan.
    The internal scan isn't anythibg to worry about though!

Thank you, here's hoping the ordinary scan goes to plan.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Thank you, here's hoping the ordinary scan goes to plan.

Even if it is internal, it's a narrow wand that they use - maybe the size of a super tampax. The only reason she'll feel it going is is that they gel they use is cold :P

The room is dark and you are draped to the knee so nobody even the midwife can see all that much at the business end. They might peek initially but after it's in, all eyes are on their screen doing the calculations.

Best of luck :)

Neyite wrote: »
    Even if it is internal, it's a narrow wand that they use - maybe the size of a super tampax. The only reason she'll feel it going is is that they gel they use is cold :P

The room is dark and you are draped to the knee so nobody even the midwife can see all that much at the business end. They might peek initially but after it's in, all eyes are on their screen doing the calculations.

Best of luck :)

Thank you :)

Not long to go now until the appointment.

Hopefully they let me in :D

I've been left in for routine scans before, but have never been to the E.P.U

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Not long to go now until the appointment.

Hopefully they let me in :D

I've been left in for routine scans before, but have never been to the E.P.U

They will let you in. Both of my 12 w scans were done internally in the end due to baby's position to get a better picture of internal organs. As others have said have a full bladder first as they will most likely try external scan first and then she can empty her bladder if she needs an internal scan. They are fine, not sore or anything.

Just back from the hospital.

My O/H is due on March 17th.

It's TWINS :eek:

Well it's great everything's ok! Great news, though what a shock!

Well it's great everything's ok! Great news, though what a shock!

All is well thank god.

I'm here now with the M.I.L having an extra strong coffee trying to get over the shock.

All is well thank god.

I'm here now with the M.I.L having an extra strong coffee trying to get over the shock.

You'll have a busy house!

You'll have a busy house!

Extremely busy.

I'll have gone from 3 to 6 kids in 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Wow! Quite the few weeks for you and your wife! Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congratulations on the double are in order!

*pours Cork Truck Driver a double whiskey*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 FebBaby

WOW! Congrats Cork Truck Driver!! Reading this thread with a tear in my eye, had a MC last month and love hearing nice stories like this, gives me hope. What a double blessing! Wish you and your wife the very best!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Congratulations, absolutely lovely news to cheer up a dreary Monday!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Oh. My. God. Hilarious! Best of luck with that :pac:

She's not as far along as she thought so.

Congratulations to you both!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Ahh hahahahaha. I remember that day. Didn't speak for two days after :D

They are currently asleep on my breastfeeding cushion. The best ever.

Congratulations on the double are in order!

*pours Cork Truck Driver a double whiskey*

Only for my job it'd be a bottle :pac:

The shock still hasn't worn off.

FebBaby wrote: »
    WOW! Congrats Cork Truck Driver!! Reading this thread with a tear in my eye, had a MC last month and love hearing nice stories like this, gives me hope. What a double blessing! Wish you and your wife the very best!

Thank you for your kind words.

As was said to my wife, stay positive.

Good things come to those who wait :D

I look forward to hearing from you in here soon with the help of god :)

bee06 wrote: »
    Wow! Quite the few weeks for you and your wife! Congratulations.

Rollercoaster doesn't even describe it :D

coffeyt wrote: »
    Congratulations, absolutely lovely news to cheer up a dreary Monday!

Definitely. Now for a first. shopping for twins.

My wallet is battered as it is :pac::pac::pac:

Oh. My. God. Hilarious! Best of luck with that :pac:

She's not as far along as she thought so.

Congratulations to you both!

You should have seen the look on our faces when the midwife said "Do you know what that is"

Myself and the wife are like the Trotters when they discovered they became millionaires in only fools and horses.

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    Ahh hahahahaha. I remember that day. Didn't speak for two days after :D

They are currently asleep on my breastfeeding cushion. The best ever.

Jasus, 2 days :eek:

I'll be lucky if i can sleep tonight at this stage.

I'm slowly getting from being shocked to over excited.

Advertisement