Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 positive tests

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Twins thats fantastic! Congratulations

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

You should have seen the look on our faces when the midwife said "Do you know what that is"

Myself and the wife are like the Trotters when they discovered they became millionaires in only fools and horses.

:pac: too funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Twins thats fantastic! Congratulations

Thank you :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Just back from the hospital.

My O/H is due on March 17th.

It's TWINS :eek:

Congrats :D will one be called Patrick if male? :pac: :D

:pac: too funny.

The reaction in the first few sections best describes me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIIkQO95z4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

xzanti wrote: »

I know a set of twins called Patrick and Patricia. Ideal for st Patrick's day twins if one of each!

xzanti wrote: »

The wife did suggest it.

Patrick is a very dominant name on both sides of my family, 3 relatives have it as a first name,2 as a middle name, decisions decisions :pac:

jlm29 wrote: »
    I know a set of twins called Patrick and Patricia. Ideal for st Patrick's day twins if one of each!

Don't recall anyone calling their daughter that in a long while. Anything is possible though :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That's brilliant news, congratulations!!!!

Toots wrote: »
    That's brilliant news, congratulations!!!!

Anyone have advice on twins being naturally delivered?

All previous birthing experiences were natural with no intervention.

Neither of us have any idea what to expect.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

My cousin had twins, and if I remember correctly it depends a lot on their position in the womb and the position of the placentas, also if they are sharing the one placenta or if there's 2 individual placentas. Her twins were sharing one placenta so she had a scheduled C-section. I think with twins they tend not to go the full 40 weeks, but your doctor will tell you as the pregnancy progresses what the best option is.

Toots wrote: »
    My cousin had twins, and if I remember correctly it depends a lot on their position in the womb and the position of the placentas, also if they are sharing the one placenta or if there's 2 individual placentas. Her twins were sharing one placenta so she had a scheduled C-section. I think with twins they tend not to go the full 40 weeks, but your doctor will tell you as the pregnancy progresses what the best option is.

Thanks for that.

Sitting here 30 hours later and my nerves are still shot to pieces.

They are non identical twins so have their own placenta i understand.

My wife would prefer natural is my understanding, she's fairly rattled by it all as well.

Completely new territory on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

With twins you just need to take it as it comes. I was hoping for a natural delivery too. I had suspected false labour at thirty weeks but it was fine. My Liver started playing up then and they were delivered by c section at 37+4 as I wasnt a candidate for induction by that stage. The c section was actually fine. The main thing is to get as close to term as possible. I found it difficult to do much after thirty weeks. The weight alone....

fits wrote: »
    With twins you just need to take it as it comes. I was hoping for a natural delivery too. I had suspected false labour at thirty weeks but it was fine. My Liver started playing up then and they were delivered by c section at 37+4 as I wasnt a candidate for induction by that stage. The c section was actually fine. The main thing is to get as close to term as possible. I found it difficult to do much after thirty weeks. The weight alone....

Thank you.

Was your O/H allowed in with you for it?

My eldest from a previous relationship was delivered the same way, i was allowed in for that but at the last minute, they kept me waiting in the corridor for an eternity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes, as long as they aren't using a general anesthetic you should be allowed in if there is a cesarean being performed.

Huge congratulations to you both by the way! :)

January wrote: »
    Yes, as long as they aren't using a general anesthetic you should be allowed in if there is a cesarean being performed.

Huge congratulations to you both by the way! :)

I only discovered this method was in use for the first time yesterday, i never knew that.

It was a local anesthetic the first time and i was allowed in.

I assume around the 30 week mark with scans they will give advice on birth plans?

Thank you January.

I am still in a state of disbelief, as is my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Ah my hormones must be up the left because I just read this thread and I'm blubbing!

Congratulations to you and your other half. Double the joy! Your house is going to be a mad house for a long time to come mind you!

Ah my hormones must be up the left because I just read this thread and I'm blubbing!

Congratulations to you and your other half. Double the joy! Your house is going to be a mad house for a long time to come mind you!

Thanks catrionanic

A mad house is right.

We had only 2 this time last year, before we know it we'll have 5.

As my M.I.L said, there'll be bunk beds everywhere :pac:

We have to take what we get, but 2 boys would be wonderful :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I only discovered this method was in use for the first time yesterday, i never knew that.

It was a local anesthetic the first time and i was allowed in.

I assume around the 30 week mark with scans they will give advice on birth plans?

Thank you January.

I am still in a state of disbelief, as is my wife.

Yep you can discuss birth plans with them around that time.

I breastfed both in recovery as well and exclusively breeastfed from week 3 until six months when I introduced solids. So that's possible too.

• Advertisement

My two are giggling at each other in the playpen right now. They are ridiculously cute!!!

I breastfed both in recovery as well and exclusively breeastfed from week 3 until six months when I introduced solids. So that's possible too.

The wife never breastfed previously.
    Mod they ask you to do it in the recovery?

So long ago now that I can't remember.

January wrote: »
    Yep you can discuss birth plans with them around that time.

What is a common time for twins to be born? I'm hearing stories of between 32-37 Weeks in most cases.

No I said I wanted to breastfeed. If she does not plan to they won't ask her to.

No I said I wanted to breastfeed. If she does not plan to they won't ask her to.

They did ask her previously, but upon hearing she was a smoker they weren't as keen.

Well it's up to her really.

Well it's up to her really.

Oh I totally agree.

Advertisement