Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A decent pub near Markree castle

Options
  • 19-07-2017 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Question on behalf of my brother & his missus who are getting married next summer at Markree castle. So they'd like to have some sort of meetup the next evening but can't at markree as there is another wedding. If the weather was good maybe a bbq. I'd be thinking a pub with a beer garden perhaps? Is there a place that might suit their needs around this area? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Perhaps Molly Fultons?

They have an outdoor area by the side of the pub that might work.

http://www.mollyfultons.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

Castledargan is close to the Markree. Decent enough bar there with a fair sized lounge. There's a deck out the front that overlooks the golf course if the weather is decent.

judeboy101 wrote: »

More like the Red Wedding episode sometimes! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Castledargan is close to the Markree. Decent enough bar there with a fair sized lounge. There's a deck out the front that overlooks the golf course if the weather is decent.

I was going to say Castle Dargan aswell but if there's a wedding on they might not have full access to the deck? (Been a while since I've been there but isnt the most of the deck off the ballroom?)

Op are they staying in Markree?
    And are they against going into town? Its only a few mins in a taxi, I'd recommend town for a better selection of pubs!
    The belfry has a patio out the back and they would put on decent food for ye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Yes staying in Markree. I've sent them on those few recommendations. We're from Roscommon so a visit to each place will be on the cards shortly and check them out.

Advertisement