Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ad blue prices

Options
  • 19-07-2017 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭

i needed to buy some adblue yesterday. i was in topaz gettign deisil and spotted that they are 13 euro for 1 litre .
    i went into a motor factors and got 20 litres for 25 euro.

im all for giveing comanyies slack due to higher running costs but thats an insane difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if you are buying 20 liters at a time make sure you store it properly. It can go off in 6 months if you dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

if you are buying 20 liters at a time make sure you store it properly. It can go off in 6 months if you dont.
    It says 18 months on the side if stored above -6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Fuel stations will charge a premium for convenience.

The topaz one is 1.9l but expensive at €13 even if it is in an easy pour bottle. Halfords do a 4litre pack for €13.99 and maxol do 4l for €17.

200l can be had for €140.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

halfords have 10L for €14

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchRouter?srch=adblue&action=search&storeId=11101&catalogId=15551&langId=-1

I had no idea what this was, and presumed it was the same brand, which I now doubt it was.

Even if items are the same brand I have seen 500ml bottles of coke dearer than 1.25/1.75/2L ones in the same shop before.

Advertisement