Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality of Clearomizer

Options
  • 19-07-2017 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭

I'm new ish to vaping, about 5 months or so and I have to say it's going very well.

I have a gripe about the build quality of what I think is called the clearomizer.

That is because it breaks on me in 3-4 weeks and they cost 9 euro each.

There is a metal part at the top, then a clear plastic bit so you can see how much liquid you have left, and then another metal part that's connected to the atomizer.

From what I can see the metal parts on the clearomizer are simply glued to the plastic see-through part in the middle on the top and the bottom. So no wonder it breaks and I think this has been done by design so you have to buy a new clearomizer every few weeks.

Are there better quality clearomizers that don't break or should I invest in one of those more expensive bigger units?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Where are you buying these clearomizers ? , even the type you describe shouldn't be breaking although I would really only suggest that people use them as a cheap way to see if they will take to vaping . If the shop you are buying them is any good then they should be able to suggest something better . The usual next step up I would recommend would be something like a nautilus tank and an istick or a joytech AIO .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

jonski wrote: »
    Where are you buying these clearomizers ? , even the type you describe shouldn't be breaking although I would really only suggest that people use them as a cheap way to see if they will take to vaping . If the shop you are buying them is any good then they should be able to suggest something better . The usual next step up I would recommend would be something like a nautilus tank and an istick or a joytech AIO .

From Kix store in my locale.

You didn't really address the question I asked btw.

I'm not sure if I buy a more powerful system that the clearomizer might break over time anyway. I don't mind paying for the liquid but if the vaping apparatus keeps breaking then that is really gonna piss me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

AllForIt wrote: »

Are there better quality clearomizers that don't break or should I invest in one of those more expensive bigger units?
    AllForIt wrote: »
    You didn't really address the question I asked btw.

I'm not sure if I buy a more powerful system that the clearomizer might break over time anyway.

Everything breaks eventually, those cheap clearomizers don't last very long , especially if kept in a pocket of a pair of jeans . If you mind a nautilus tank you could have it for ages, same goes for the AIO I mentioned . I wouldn't have great faith in Kix, at least not the ones I have been in yours might be different . You could buy one of those Joytech AIO's for around the €30 mark and it should last you .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It makes no sense to buy cheap tanks over and over, get a decent, solid tank and it'll last you years if you want it to. What battery/Mod are you using? What power setting do you tend to vape at? If it's just one of the cheap 'pen' sets then you won't really know, and better tanks might not be suitable for it as most of them now are sub ohm. There is the likes of the Nautilus as jonski suggested. It might look odd on a pen vape though. You might want to invest in a better set up, the device is every bit as important as the juice you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

You might want to invest in a better set up, the device is every bit as important as the juice you use.
    More important I would add - at least you can replace juice on your next purchase. A decent vape setup will last a long long time, or at least till you want to upgrade.

If its something like the picture below they are considered disposable and need replacement - and getting weeks from one is really good going. If its some other kind of device I'd be interested to see what it is. 
    Sero_tnk_1024x1024.png?v=1495455550

• Advertisement

It makes no sense to buy cheap tanks over and over, get a decent, solid tank and it'll last you years if you want it to. What battery/Mod are you using? What power setting do you tend to vape at? If it's just one of the cheap 'pen' sets then you won't really know, and better tanks might not be suitable for it as most of them now are sub ohm. There is the likes of the Nautilus as jonski suggested. It might look odd on a pen vape though. You might want to invest in a better set up, the device is every bit as important as the juice you use.

I have a mini i-stick by Eleaf. Cost about 25 quid I think from Kix and another 9 for the clearomizer. I vape at the top setting. What difference would that make in respect of the clearomizer breaking?

was.deevey wrote: »
    More important I would add - at least you can replace juice on your next purchase. A decent vape setup will last a long long time, or at least till you want to upgrade.

If its something like the picture below they are considered disposable and need replacement - and getting weeks from one is really good going. If its some other kind of device I'd be interested to see what it is. 
    Sero_tnk_1024x1024.png?v=1495455550

That's exactly what I'm using. 9 quid for something that's considered disposable is a but much I think myself.

Anyway thanks guys. I understand I need to buy a better set-up. Actually I fixed the one that broke with some glue. Might get another week or two out of it : )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

9 quid for something that's considered disposable is a but much I think myself.
    Cheaper than 9 quid on a box of fags that last a single day though, which I'm guessing is their pricing rationale for newbie vapers. Vaping isn't all about the cost, its about your health.

That technology is more than 5 years old at this point though.

Advertisement