Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2017 Stage 18: Briançon - Izoard, 179.5kms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Is anyone watching the tour on TG4. What in the jaysus is happening with the commentary

Woeful. Usually a massive fan of their coverage. Pathetic excuse for comedy with random imitators.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Do you know what's been bugging me a lot this Tour? Every map and profile I've come across is marked with km done, so today the Cat 1 is at 129.5km.

Yet every commentary and live tracker seems to use km to go, so I have to do some horrible mental maths to figure out when the next key point is when following a race.

WHHHHHYYYYY!?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Its like Bosco is commentating

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

buffalo wrote: »
    Do you know what's been bugging me a lot this Tour? Every map and profile I've come across is marked with km done, so today the Cat 1 is at 129.5km.

Yet every commentary and live tracker seems to use km to go, so I have to do some horrible mental maths to figure out when the next key point is when following a race.

WHHHHHYYYYY!?

Make sure you keep your little grey cells alive

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is anyone watching the tour on TG4. What in the jaysus is happening with the commentary

I watch at times for the glorious hd but only pick up on maybe 20% at best of what they are saying usually playing catch up as the auld gaeilge comes to me slowly :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BobCobb

I think it's 'PQ' himself that's doing the imitating!
    It's a bit silly alright, but HC climbs above the patter on itv4, where they sound completely disinterested to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 brianhalpin

I'm switching between TG4 & ITV (Albeit usually for last climb). It's annoying, but not half as bad as 5 min ads for loans & insurance scams (Who is their target audience!) every 3 mins. And then you've got D. Millar - I'd rather revisit the pain of my school years with Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I'm switching between TG4 & ITV (Albeit usually for last climb). It's annoying, but not half as bad as 5 min ads for loans & insurance scams (Who is their target audience!) every 3 mins. And then you've got D. Millar - I'd rather revisit the pain of my school years with Irish.

Loans at 50% APR to well over 100% APR, how this is legal I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I like it better when they tell you the distance between groups ...because time i so variable

Edet Izoard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

BobCobb wrote: »
    Edet Izoard?

Eddie izzard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Doc07

T De Ghent congratulating his rival Barguil on winning Pokadot jersey with quick on-bike handshake was a nice touch of class

Btw, anyone watching on TG4 have issues with audio (Slight occasional buzz/crackle in background - also noticeable during other broadcasts)?

BobCobb wrote: »
    Edet Izoard?

Darwin award I meant!

Ugh skybots

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dan didn't look great there, when the acceleration went on, Brambilla brought him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

This stage has been **** so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Aru in trouble, Sky putting the boot in. The s**t is hitting the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Why did AG2R do all the work today and allow Froome to arrive at the last 6km with 3 fresh team mates?

What was the thinking behind that?

• Advertisement

Go on Bertie - get the stage!

Barguil looks great, hadn't seen him before this.

C'mon Dan!

That was class from the gendarme there

Wish I was on the side of the road to collect those glasses!

Little Mickey Ks fcuked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Choochtown wrote: »
    Why did AG2R do all the work today and allow Froome to arrive at the last 6km with 3 fresh team mates?

What was the thinking behind that?

Otherwise Sky were just going too slow and not been put under pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Wft??? Landa on a flyer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Doc07

Bardet attack Froome now or shake his hand

Landa should do to his race radio what Kwiatkowski did to his glasses.

• Advertisement

This is some charge by Barguil

Advertisement