Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2017 Stage 18: Briançon - Izoard, 179.5kms

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

donfers wrote: »
    I agree, give me riders like Contador, Martin, Bardet and Barguil every day over wheelsuckers like Uran and Yates.

Yes, Uran and Yates will do well on GC but that doesn't stop them being absolute boringly calculated and cautious to the point of being sterile riders to watch. How do they sleep at night?
    Whereas you from the sofa have brandished the remote control in a manner consistent with the highest sporting, ethical and moral standards.
    Rest easy tonight, you've earned it.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

rtmie wrote: »
    Btw I have no particular axe to grind re Yates. Just a bit nervous of us all wanting continuous super human attacking in the high mountains. We had that before.

No.....
    We want guys high up in GC to actually try win by attacking, instead of winning by just staying on.
    Riders/Teams not risking their 8th place (or wherever) on GC , by launching an attack or two to try rise up the leader board is apparently not a tactic anymore...
    But sitting behind the Sly train is .......... Thats not racing.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭LennoxR

Never have I had less interest in the TDF than in the Froome era. Most boring champion ever.

Advertisement