Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Approval

Options
  • 20-07-2017 7:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi, 

Just a quick question about mortgage approval if that's okay?

I met with a BOI mortgage adviser on the 13th of June regarding purchasing a mortgage. He advised me of how much i could borrow and I was happy to proceed there and then.

He advised me of what paperwork I needed, which I had forwarded to him in full by 22nd of June. he mentioned it would take approximately 10 working days for the underwriters to process the application, however it has been five weeks now and I haven't heard anything back.

I suppose I'm just wondering is it normal for there to be such a delay?

Thanks a mill

Del

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

del85 wrote: »
    Hi, 

Just a quick question about mortgage approval if that's okay?

I met with a BOI mortgage adviser on the 13th of June regarding purchasing a mortgage. He advised me of how much i could borrow and I was happy to proceed there and then.

He advised me of what paperwork I needed, which I had forwarded to him in full by 22nd of June. he mentioned it would take approximately 10 working days for the underwriters to process the application, however it has been five weeks now and I haven't heard anything back.

I suppose I'm just wondering is it normal for there to be such a delay?

Thanks a mill

Del
    Hi del85,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

Sorry to hear that.

I would advise that to contact the mortgage advisor directly as they should of provided contact details at the appointment.

If you have no contact details please send us a DM and we will try our best to follow up with the advisor.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks

Kareana

Advertisement