Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A & P Infracted for allegedly giving legal advice.

Options
  • 20-07-2017 7:53am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭

I have been infracted for allegedly giving legal advice on this forum by a moderator who continually make assertions as to the law. All I did was show the basis of my belief in a particular proposition. How that can be construed as legal advice is beyond me!. The same moderator also complains about a thread being off-topic despite the same moderator driving the discussion. It seems to me the real crime is rebutting a moderator not breaching the charter!

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hi 4ensic15,

I'll take a look at this for you. Could you link to the thread in question please?

Also, have you tried to resolve this with the local mods as per the DRP flowchart above?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Neyite wrote: »
    Hi 4ensic15,

I'll take a look at this for you. Could you link to the thread in question please?

Also, have you tried to resolve this with the local mods as per the DRP flowchart above?

ww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057763296&page=3
    I replied to the Mod but got no answer.
    My Final post was removed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=14428935

I should point out that the same thing happened previously but I didn't complain. tghe same Mod continually asserts that a legal position is ... and then when refuted accuses the poster of refuting him of giving professional advice!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Thanks for that Op.

It may be that the mod is temporarily offline, and I'd like to give them a chance to discuss it with you first. Ok with you to give it a day or so?

Thanks for that Op.

It may be that the mod is temporarily offline, and I'd like to give them a chance to discuss it with you first. Ok with you to give it a day or so?

No problem.

Radio silence!

• Advertisement

Sorry OP,

I got in touch with the mod today - I didn't pm him on this and wrongly assumed he would see this drp - that's my fault and I'm sorry. Anyway, I contacted him today and he'll shortly be in touch to discuss the issue.

Again, apologies for the delay.

Still not a word!

Hi 4ensic15,

I've just checked the records and it appears that the Mod requested that Admins reverse the card, and it looks like that's been done on the 27th so it's disappeared from your record.

Hi 4ensic15,

I've just checked the records and it appears that the Mod requested that Admins reverse the card, and it looks like that's been done on the 27th so it's disappeared from your record.

I see. I wasn't told anything about it and my deleted post wasn't re-instated. It is very poor form of a Mod to remove a post which is embarrassing him and issue a spurious infraction as a cover.

Hi 4ensics15,

It was decided upon review that the card was issued wrongly in this instance by the mod and he requested it to be reversed based on the point that while you quoted a tract of legal regulation you were not in this instance giving legal advice. The post however was off topic to the situation as you were quoting a piece of legislation unrelated to the topic of the thread and therefore will remain deleted.

He did fail to pm you however and is sorry about that. It was an oversight on a busy day and he regrets that.

At any time you can view your infraction status by clicking on your profile and going to the infraction tab. You'll see there that your infraction was reversed.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi 4ensics15,

It was decided upon review that the card was issued wrongly in this instance by the mod and he requested it to be reversed based on the point that while you quoted a tract of legal regulation you were not in this instance giving legal advice. The post however was off topic to the situation as you were quoting a piece of legislation unrelated to the topic of the thread and therefore will remain deleted.

He did fail to pm you however and is sorry about that. It was an oversight on a busy day and he regrets that.

At any time you can view your infraction status by clicking on your profile and going to the infraction tab. You'll see there that your infraction was reversed.

Thanks
    This off-topic allegation is nonsense. It was in response to a question the mod himself put! keeping it out of the discussion because it is off topic is just a shield by the mod to avoid the embarrassment of having his assertion proved wrong. This happened on a previous occasion as well and no mention has been made of that.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=14132928

The forum is full of people (including mods) constantly saying "trhe legal position is x" . When someone say that it is not x a quotes the legislation, they are alleged to be giving legal advice. How can it be OK for sameone to say what a legal position is but not ok for someone to rebut that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi 4ensic15:

Thanks for your patience regarding this appeal. Communications weren't as good as they should have been, & apologies for that. The point raised about legal advice will also be looked into to ensure that this does not cause issues again.

Marking as Resolved.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement