Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motion Sensor

Options
  • 20-07-2017 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering does anyone know if it possible to get a motion sensor alarm that sends a text or alarm you your phone without using wifi? I've googled but can't seem to find one.
    I'm assuming you do need wifi. It's not for me so want to make sure I'm right before I go saying it! It's for a storage unit with (as far as I know) no phone line access.

Any help at all greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Look up gsm type uses sim card and texts your phone or usually up to 5 numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

idunno78 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wondering does anyone know if it possible to get a motion sensor alarm that sends a text or alarm you your phone without using wifi? I've googled but can't seem to find one.
    I'm assuming you do need wifi. It's not for me so want to make sure I'm right before I go saying it! It's for a storage unit with (as far as I know) no phone line access.

Any alarm with a GSM installed will send you and others a text letting you know what the activation was.
    Most will also allow you text the unit back for setting/unsetting and status purposes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

idunno78 wrote: »
    Hi

Are you looking for just a standalone PiR unit with everything built in.?
    Something like this?
    http://www.gearbest.com/smart-home/pp_212193.html?currency=EUR&vip=764180&gclid=CjwKCAjwqcHLBRAqEiwA-j4AyOvtOx5VbeS83S-TA1YZ8Y6wMBudx4plu98j8ia-j7LGdV4nJ5_9txoCTBMQAvD_BwE

Hasnt got great reviews that item

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I wouldn't expect it to have for that price.:) .I'm not promoting it, just wondering if thats the type of thing the OP is looking for rather than a complete alarm system.

• Advertisement

Id hope not looking at it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Yea koolkid that's what I'm looking for! Maybe something a bit more higher spec! i wasn't sure if it was possible but at least have a better idea of what to look for now! Sorry took so long to reply! Thanks for the help!

Thank you for the update. Yes there's plenty of options at that level that might suit you.

Advertisement