Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Cree torch.

Options
  • 20-07-2017 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried one of the Cree torches currently on sale in Aldi?
    They claim a beam of 500 meters.

Looks exactly like a Led Lenser, but 25 euro instead of 105.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

I bought a 20W?(I think) a few weeks ago, Battery powered, not rechargeable. Takes 3x C cell batteries and very powerful. I'd guess 100m clear view and 200m through a scope.

Think the latest is 25W rechargeable? aldi stuff I have found reliable in the past, their tools are superior to LIDL ones, very good steel etc. I also have an older 10W Aldi torch, pales into insignificance.

The 20W is way, way more powerful than the Maglite 6x D cell incandescent, even when fitted with a replacement LED bulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Nekarsulm wrote: »

These on today's special buys????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I have the big version and the smaller one from aldi, the big one is handy in the jeep but awkward to carry. i have 2 small ones, brilliant light and good tight beam. adjustable to a flood setting which is handy for looking for a fox/rabbit you just shot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

vicwatson wrote: »
    These on today's special buys????

I think they must be from last Thursdays specials.

About a dozen left in our local store today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Had a look at the bigger one I have, it's 20W and actually takes 4x C cells.

Bought it earlier in the year, as mfg date is 12/16. Feels like only a few weeks ago.

Sure, it's not a super duper, but it's good enough for me and I've used it for a bit of lamping. Actually, I now remember that it was stronger than the jeep on full beam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Have a led lenser and a cree their is no difference in the 2 execpt the price i have 2 cree use them for rabbit shooting top class well wort getting.

Advertisement