Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Meter

Options
  • 20-07-2017 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello..

Myself and my wife have just purchased an old house in need of a full refurb. I wanted to know is it possible to have the old analog electric meter replaced with a new modern digital or smart meter? Our electrician tells us it is not possible but to ask electric ireland if it would be possible? There is electricity at the property and I have swapped the account into my name, we just want to change the meter to a new one..

Thanks in Advance
    Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Chris,

ESB Networks are the people to contact regarding this query. They look after connections and meter installations and other infrastructure related matters for customers of all electricity providers.

The relevant department at ESB Networks can be contacted on 1850 372 757.

If you are an Electric Ireland customer and have any billing queries, please let us know. If you are not yet availing of savings for having direct debit, the Electric Ireland Sales team can assist you further on 1850 30 50 90.

Best regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement