Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

550 House's and Apartments have permission grant to be built in Baldoyle.

Options
  • 20-07-2017 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/good-news-for-house-hunters-as-550-new-houses-and-apartments-given-the-green-light-for-dublin-35950273.html
    The development will see the construction of 379 apartments and 171 houses off the coast in Baldoyle.

The site is located on the grounds of the former Baldoyle Racecourse and Stapolin House, approximately 8km to the north-east of the city centre.

The proposed village will comprise of 13 commercial housing blocks with some apartment units reaching a height of six stories.

I understand properties need to built, but do developers and the council have no consideration for the current residents. Some of whom have been living at The Coast/Myrtle since the launch in 2006.

6 stories is out of context with the estates, and with silverbanks just complete the residents in Red Arches and beeing surrounded by new builds left right and center.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

"Build more houses!"

Massive development announced.

"Ew, build them somewhere else!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Of course they are, if pp was granted for one estate and there is room for more one should be able to do the maths! Buying new has disadvantages as well as advantages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭wench

Plans for this go back to the turn of the century, so it's no good moaning about it now.
    You would have been surrounded long ago if the money to build hadn't dried up.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/plans-for-4000-new-dwellings-on-baldoyle-racecourse-27785844.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

wench wrote: »
    Plans for this go back to the turn of the century, so it's no good moaning about it now.
    You would have been surrounded long ago if the money to build hadn't dried up.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/plans-for-4000-new-dwellings-on-baldoyle-racecourse-27785844.html

I was 5 when that article was written.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/good-news-for-house-hunters-as-550-new-houses-and-apartments-given-the-green-light-for-dublin-35950273.html
    The development will see the construction of 379 apartments and 171 houses off the coast in Baldoyle.

The site is located on the grounds of the former Baldoyle Racecourse and Stapolin House, approximately 8km to the north-east of the city centre.

The proposed village will comprise of 13 commercial housing blocks with some apartment units reaching a height of six stories.

I understand properties need to built, but do developers and the council have no consideration for the current residents. Some of whom have been living at The Coast/Myrtle since the launch in 2006.

6 stories is out of context with the estates, and with silverbanks just complete the residents in Red Arches and beeing surrounded by new builds left right and center.
    And people who have lived there since 1980 didn't want the houses built on 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I live in a development that's a mix of houses and apartments. You'll find 6 stories scales quite nicely with houses. It won't be out of context at all.

For the houses the mix can be a real benefit. Done correctly you end up the amenities of high density living (transport, cafés, retail units, parks, playgrounds) and the space that comes with living in a house.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

That's great news.

Nice to see some significant development close to the city and near some reasonable transport links.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Hollister you might do well to familiarise yourself with the Local Area Plan mentioned in the newspaper article.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/media/Adopted%20Baldoyle%20Stapolin%20Local%20Area%20Plan%20Document.pdf

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Not even 600 houses and they are complaining?

d9a66abc9b2ac66dee6c87e35654ba0f.jpg

The grey "pin" at the top is where i used to live.
    Everything below that was built in about 10 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Jesus, 6 stories isn't that high. You could swear they announced a skyscraper there. Dublin needs better planning and this in a large scale. Deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Maybe it's because I've lived in built-up areas for a good while, but i don't really see what harm being vaguely near a 6 storey building does to you. I mean, okay, if it was 20 or 30, that'd be one thing, but there are 6 storey building all over the place. Some of the most expensive houses in the country are near slightly tall buildings. The Revenue has a pretty ugly 9 storey building on Lansdowne Road; doesn't stop people spending over a million to live near it.

Advertisement