Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD-i70 - not connecting to Wifi

• 20-07-2017 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Recently my GSD-i70 has stopped connecting to my Virgin Media wifi router. All other wifi connected devices are working fine.
    Connecting the alarm to the internet via my phone works fine, so it seems the issue is with my router. I had VM change me from ipv6 to ipv4 about a year ago, thats the only change I can think of but it worked fine since then.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Set up a guest network with security set at WPA2 /PSK and use that name and password.
    When done restart remote comms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭altor

Gaz wrote: »
    Hi all,

Recently my GSD-i70 has stopped connecting to my Virgin Media wifi router. All other wifi connected devices are working fine.
    Connecting the alarm to the internet via my phone works fine, so it seems the issue is with my router. I had VM change me from ipv6 to ipv4 about a year ago, thats the only change I can think of but it worked fine since then.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Have you contacted Virgin Media and asked if they made changes?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

From the number we have connected its not something thats across the board.
    Perhaps a roll out on certain FW versions or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭altor

That is why I asked to OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

I'll try and give them a ring today ... thanks all.

• Advertisement

They will probably say nothing has changed. Guest network always works with this issue.

I'll give that ago this afternoon ... thanks again.

Guest network resolved the issue ... nice one! :D

If you can limit security to WPA2/PSK that helps also.

Advertisement