Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched to Eir Fibre - Got 2 bills, one for old, one for new.

Options
  • 20-07-2017 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

Recently switched to Eir Fibre on 7th July. Got a bill, which was much higher than usual, for the new Fibre. I then received a bill on my old account number for a sizeable amount considering the period of time it was for. I am unable to even access my old account on My Eir.

Firstly is there a reason the new bill is so high, €20 higher, and secondly where do I stand with this bill from my old account? The reason I am asking here is because I did Live Chat to ask this question and I also phoned, and I got two different answers.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Corholio,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Usually, when signing up for a new package, part-period charges apply from the activation date until billing date and then your package price which is billed one month in advance.

This only occurs on your first bill when making any changes.

Can you please PM me your new and old account numbers and your full name and I will look into the second bill?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hi Thanks for your reply. Yes, regarding the higher bill that wasn't much of a problem as I understood there would be these part period charges, thanks for clarifying that.

I have sent you a PM there with the information regarding the other bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

No problem.

I have received your PM and will update you shortly.

Thanks,
    Anna

Hi Anna. I wonder could I PM you there about this. I am after receiving yet another bill in the post today for my old account.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Corholio wrote: »
    Hi Anna. I wonder could I PM you there about this. I am after receiving yet another bill in the post today for my old account.

Thanks.
    Hi Corholio,

Anna is no longer with the company but if you PM me your account number and full name, I'll be able to take a look into this for you.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Hi Adam, thanks for your reply.

Just sent you a PM there with the information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Corholio wrote: »
    Hi Adam, thanks for your reply.

Just sent you a PM there with the information.
    Thanks for that.

I will go through my PM's shortly and I'll be back in touch with an update.

- Adam

Advertisement