Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are we all hoping for on Black Friday 2017?

Options
  • 20-07-2017 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭

With just 128 days to go until the actual day (pre-sales excluded). What is it you'll be on the look out for this year?

Personally I'm hoping for a reduction in Hue colour GU10s, I want 13 of them & also the new E14s as I want 12 of them. A Nest protect battery (or two) and a couple of Nest cameras.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Oh god, I haven't even paid the credit card bill yet from the Prime day sale a few weeks ago!

Might pick up another Google Home for the bedroom
    2 more Hue GU10 white for the hall
    Might be tempted by a SmartThings Hub if the price is right, even though I don't need it.
    Nest Protect would be nice x 2
    Some TP-Link plugs if reduced to replace the failed MiHome plugs.

To be honest, I'm coming pretty close to being fully kitted out. At this stage, just buying some fun things to play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

A few dots, perhaps compatible (with existing setup) motion sensors.
    I don't think I'll have the money for any cameras this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Have a Ring Doorbell and stick up cam in my Amazon Wishlist. I want to pick up another few hues too, as well as a harmony hub, and hopefully a Nvidia Spot if it's released.

I might try and hold off on more Google Homes as I've a sneaky feeling Google will release a v2 at some stage before Xmas.

Will definitely pick up 2 or 3 Nest Protects, too.

I missed Prime day. I really want to make up for it on black Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭BoardAtWork

I've a feeling that the sales on black Friday won't be as good as those on Prime day. Wouldn't mind a few more Hue bulbs and maybe a Logitech Harmony. I held back on the Harmony Elite on prime day as I had no huge need for it, but ended up springing for a PS4, so its beginning to look a little more enticing.

Advertisement