Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e bike for work

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Problem is they may take it then realize, leaving you without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

ED E wrote: »
    Problem is they may take it then realize, leaving you without it.

I don't see how it more easily Stolen though...

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Here's my time with one and recommendations: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057562512/2/#post98789625

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Worth checking with the buisnesses that rent ebikes to tourists if your willing to go second hand , Just like most bike rental places they often sell off their old stock cheap .

Personally I find the 25k per hour assistance limit on e bikes extremely frustrating . On the hills the assistance from the motor is great obviously ,freewheeling on the down hills the weight of the battery and the motor sticks the bike to the road which feels great too but once you get into your stride on the flats and tip it over the 25K the motor cuts out and then your struggling to push a pig of a bike with the weight of a battery and motor until your slowed down below 25k where the motor kicks in again .If your fit/used to cycling fast and usually average over 25 k on the flat then this will slowly drive you mad .It's enough that I much prefer my regular bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I saw an assisted bike in the bike shop in Cabra this evening for 750.
    Note said it was 2 years old.

Sorry, can't remember the make/ model

• Advertisement
Advertisement