Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - 3Arena - Friday April 6th 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Got a seat just now, seems a few singles still available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

I can't believe I missed out on the presale and regular sale standing. Got seats for Block M . Is the view from there any good?

The view from any of the seating is good. M is one of the best upper tiered sections if not the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I'm confused. I was in work trying to book the tickets first thing. Not easy when customers are interrupting you every second lol!

I taught i got standing tickets but i seem to have seats in block J.
    :confused:
    Anybody else get the same confirmation?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ozzyofpi

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    I'm confused. I was in work trying to book the tickets first thing. Not easy when customers are interrupting you every second lol!

Thanks
    As far as I know, standing tickets still get assigned a seat. According to Ticketmaster it's just for inventory purposes.

If your ticket says "GA" its standing. Meaning General Admission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I had GA in my basket but it never went through. So ended up in Block H as what was said above seating tickets are all decent.

So happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Thanks

If standing is sold out but there's still seating available, ticketmaster will offer you seating.

If you're distracted it would be very easy to proceed with the booking without noticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

If standing is sold out but there's still seating available, ticketmaster will offer you seating.

If you're distracted it would be very easy to proceed with the booking without noticing.

That's probably what happened. Probably no bad thing as i bought herself a ticket and she isn't the tallest. At least i wont have to listen to her moaning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

That's probably what happened. Probably no bad thing as i bought herself a ticket and she isn't the tallest. At least i wont have to listen to her moaning:D

You'll be a lot closer to the action than normal too with the In the Round setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ozzyofpi

I got caught out by the bloody "Verified by Visa" thing. Got on Ticketmaster at 9:00 and got two standing tickets straight away. Went to pay and this thing pops up and I don't have a clue what the password is.

By the time I called the bank it was 9:20 and the tickets had been let go(of course).

Tried again and still managed to get standing, so happy days I guess.

Does anyone hope they'll drop "Chemistry" for "We Don't Deserve Love"? I don't hate the new album, but I definitely think "Chemistry" is one of the worst songs, whilst I rather like We Don't Deserve Love.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

ozzyofpi wrote: »
    I got caught out by the bloody "Verified by Visa" thing. Got on Ticketmaster at 9:00 and got two standing tickets straight away. Went to pay and this thing pops up and I don't have a clue what the password is.

By the time I called the bank it was 9:20 and the tickets had been let go(of course).

Tried again and still managed to get standing, so happy days I guess.

Does anyone hope they'll drop "Chemistry" for "We Don't Deserve Love"? I don't hate the new album, but I definitely think "Chemistry" is one of the worst songs, whilst I rather like We Don't Deserve Love.

Chemistry is the weakest one on the album IMO. I'd imagine that in the next eight months, there'll be a good bit of chopping and changing depending on how songs are received, etc over the course of the tour.

I'd like to see "Put Your Money On Me" and "We Don't Deserve Love".

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Critics seem to be largely slating the album..

.. but on a third listen, I probably prefer it to Reflektor.

It's gotten some really great reviews too though. Critics don't seem to know what to make of it. Job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

deadybai wrote: »
    I can't believe I missed out on the presale and regular sale standing. Got seats for Block M . Is the view from there any good?

I was offered standing tickets at 3pm friday, so seems TM were up to their same old tricks again. Holding back the tickets the punters really want in the hope they will panic buy others.

I cannot get standing now, just these.

Sec BLOCKP
    Row 42, Seats 238-239
    €79.50 ea

Sec BLOCKP
    Row 41, Seats 242-243
    €79.50 ea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Anyone else surprised that its just the one date and it didnt sell in nano seconds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Basq wrote: »
    Critics seem to be largely slating the album..

.. but on a third listen, I probably prefer it to Reflektor.

The Pitchfork review absolutely destroyed it and A.F as a band. Totally OTT in my opinion. I think the Guardian giving it 4/5 is about right.

I do like the album but way prefer Reflektor. It's actually my favourite album of theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

s8n wrote: »
    Anyone else surprised that its just the one date and it didnt sell in nano seconds ?

They have just played a big outdoor concert in Malahide and their new album is polarizing opinion. There are very few tickets left for the three arena concert but the first concert would have needed an instant sell out for an extra concert to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

just listened to new album - MEH !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

John_Mc wrote: »
    The Pitchfork review absolutely destroyed it and A.F as a band. Totally OTT in my opinion. I think the Guardian giving it 4/5 is about right.

I do like the album but way prefer Reflektor. It's actually my favourite album of theirs

Pitchfork gave it a 5.6 which actually probably counts as a positive review from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Pitchfork gave it a 5.6 which actually probably counts as a positive review from them!
    Not when their previous 4 all got between 8.4 and 9.7!

• Advertisement

I've not given it a real proper time to digest, but I love the first 3 songs. Even the much slaughtered Peter Pan I find enjoyable! And Chemistry is quite catchy too. Definitely far from a bad album, might even be very good. At the moment it seems better than Neon Bible and worse than Suburbs/Funeral. I'd need to go back to Reflektor, but yeah, it's hardly a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

I find it noticeably worse than all the previous 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

I was so close to buying tickets to one of the London shows but I honestly can't justify paying 70 quid per ticket.

I've not given it a real proper time to digest, but I love the first 3 songs. Even the much slaughtered Peter Pan I find enjoyable! And Chemistry is quite catchy too. Definitely far from a bad album, might even be very good. At the moment it seems better than Neon Bible and worse than Suburbs/Funeral. I'd need to go back to Reflektor, but yeah, it's hardly a shambles.

Sadly, music criticism has devolved to the point where hot takes and takedowns have replace actual discussion. Case in point, the Quietus review of the album which just reads as an attack on the band rather than the music.

I mean, I can read a review I disagree with and accept it for what it is, but it is commonplace now to see really high or really low scores in an attempt to generate hits.

For me, the album is okay. Not a classic, not a shambles. Chemistry is absolutely dire, though. As is Infinite Content (I think, my opinion, etc) Not a fan of Peter Pan, either. In fact, I have found myself skipping the entire first half of the album when listening but really enjoying the second half so not sure what that says about it.

For me, I'd go: Funeral, The Suburbs, Neon Bible, Reflektor, Everything Now in that order but there's plenty to enjoy on all of their albums.

I also noticed a really revisionist hatred of Reflektor in the weeks before Everything Now came out. "It's not great but at least its better than the last one" seemed to be a common trend - I mean, Reflektor isn't perfect but it definitely wasn't slated upon release. I know that opinions change over time but it was 5th on Rolling Stones albums of the year, Pitchfork gave it 9.2, Independent and Telegraph 4/5, NME 8/10. The Metacritic rating is 80/100 "mostly positive."

It just grates on me a little that most publications have devolved into absolutes - things can be good or bad without being "THE BEST EVER" or "THE WORST EVER" or "RETURN TO FORM", etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Sadly, music criticism has devolved to the point where hot takes and takedowns have replace actual discussion. Case in point, the Quietus review of the album which just reads as an attack on the band rather than the music.

I mean, I can read a review I disagree with and accept it for what it is, but it is commonplace now to see really high or really low scores in an attempt to generate hits.

For me, the album is okay. Not a classic, not a shambles. Chemistry is absolutely dire, though. As is Infinite Content (I think, my opinion, etc) Not a fan of Peter Pan, either. In fact, I have found myself skipping the entire first half of the album when listening but really enjoying the second half so not sure what that says about it.

For me, I'd go: Funeral, The Suburbs, Neon Bible, Reflektor, Everything Now in that order but there's plenty to enjoy on all of their albums.

I also noticed a really revisionist hatred of Reflektor in the weeks before Everything Now came out. "It's not great but at least its better than the last one" seemed to be a common trend - I mean, Reflektor isn't perfect but it definitely wasn't slated upon release. I know that opinions change over time but it was 5th on Rolling Stones albums of the year, Pitchfork gave it 9.2, Independent and Telegraph 4/5, NME 8/10. The Metacritic rating is 80/100 "mostly positive."

It just grates on me a little that most publications have devolved into absolutes - things can be good or bad without being "THE BEST EVER" or "THE WORST EVER" or "RETURN TO FORM", etc.

Admittedly I go back and forth on Reflektor, though I wholeheartedly agree with you re: publication reviews. It's lazy formulaic journalism and it seems like once a band gets past album number 3 the tendency is to resort to 'return to form/legacy/back to basics' type reviews.

Clickbait.....the curse of our age..... So true though!

Clickbait.....the curse of our age..... So true though!

"TEN REASONS THIS ARCADE FIRE ALBUM IS *fire emoji*

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS NUMBER SIX."

I only wish that was an exaggeration. :eek::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re: "At the moment it seems better than Neon Bible".

You're joking right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

"TEN REASONS THIS ARCADE FIRE ALBUM IS *fire emoji*

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS NUMBER SIX."

I only wish that was an exaggeration. :eek::p
    What Arcade Fire's Régine Chassagne looks like now is shocking!

• Advertisement

poundhound wrote: »
    Re: "At the moment it seems better than Neon Bible".

You're joking right?!

No. I missed the part where this was set in stone. I'm just enjoying the freshness of Everything now. Bit bored if neon bible. This may change. They're both good albums in my opinion.

Advertisement