Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - 3Arena - Friday April 6th 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Any idea what the setlist will be?

Should be pretty similar to the NA tour (see setlist.fm). They played a secret show in NYC recently and played (Antichrist Television Blues) for the first time in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Looking forward to this gig, feels like a long time ago that they went on sale! It will be my first time in the 3Arena since it changed from the point. Any good pubs nearby?

Green room bar near the Gibson is usually a good atmosphere b4 any gig in 3arena

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Really looking forward to this, I won dinner in the 1878 club beforehand too, anyone know what it's like??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Likewise I can't wait for this gig. It feels like a hell of a long time since I last saw them in Marley Park and that was fairly epic!

Having real trouble warming to 'Everything Now' despite numerous listens through. Hopefully seeing a few of the tracks live will help!?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 newb990

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Likewise I can't wait for this gig. It feels like a hell of a long time since I last saw them in Marley Park and that was fairly epic!

Having real trouble warming to 'Everything Now' despite numerous listens through. Hopefully seeing a few of the tracks live will help!?

Yeah I saw them in Malahide last June and the new tracks sound way better live. I hadn't even heard the new album yet at the time and still enjoyed them.

Just found out about the round stage, is this still happening? I wonder how my view will be affected. I'm in Block J, so I hope I wont be craning my neck to see the stage...

• Advertisement

newb990 wrote: »
    Yeah I saw them in Malahide last June and the new tracks sound way better live. I hadn't even heard the new album yet at the time and still enjoyed them.

Just found out about the round stage, is this still happening? I wonder how my view will be affected. I'm in Block J, so I hope I wont be craning my neck to see the stage...

Yeah that whole show is based on the round stage (it's actually like a boxing ring). They all switch around during the gig (except for the drummer) so there's no "front" really. You should be fine from block J.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Doors open at 6.30PM - support 7.15PM and Arcade fire on stage at 8.45 and show will finish at 11PM. Hope everyone is excited for what is set to be an amazing show.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Any idea what the setlist will be?
    Should be pretty similar to the NA tour (see setlist.fm.

a site (think they have an app too) www.setify.co is great, it pulls its data from setlist.fm and can generate a spotify playlist for you (even if you are on free spotfiy), and you can pick and choose songs to leave out. I prefer some things to it over setlist.fm, e.g. it shows what album the songs are from at a glance. Sometimes it is not great as it might detect them from a greatest hits album though, so for some older bands it can be less useful for album spotting.

I see it can also throw up odd ones. Like it has their cover of Lennon's "mind games" listed, and lists the album as "spotify singles"

https://setify.co/s/6befce56

Here's a video of the stage being setup in Toronto

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbHHslvFyCq/?taken-by=christophertopher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

My tickets are 'View & Print Tickets' and page says view and print tickets. Does this mean I can't use the app for entry?

tried to find answer on their site but can't get a definitive answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

How long have their current tour shows lasted? Just over 2 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dinneenp wrote: »
    My tickets are 'View & Print Tickets' and page says view and print tickets. Does this mean I can't use the app for entry?

Yeah, was wondering the same earlier. Still have to print them but both the app and mobile website are giving me receipts usually indicating 'THIS IS NOT YOUR TICKET' so printout it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

dinneenp wrote: »

We have just tried to print the tickets using Ticketfast but the links in their email aren't working. The ticketmaster site uis s very specific that the online version isn't accepted. It must be a hard copy.
    I'm just hoping I can print them tomorrow.

Call me Al wrote: »
    We have just tried to print the tickets using Ticketfast but the links in their email aren't working. The ticketmaster site uis s very specific that the online version isn't accepted. It must be a hard copy.
    I'm just hoping I can print them tomorrow.
    Ensure you are going to the regular TM site, and not the mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Basq wrote: »
    Ensure you are going to the regular TM site, and not the mobile site.

Yes I've just logged on with a tablet and there they are.
    Very poor form from ticketmaster that customers can't print their tickets from their mobile site. They're making things far more complicated than necessary.
    Plus Basq you were the one to tell me (thank you) .. not their website. Rant over :-))))
    Anyway looking forward to a great gig tonight. Hope we all enjoy their show.

Yep, I'm going to send them an email about it anyways as it's a bit of a joke to be fair. What's the point in having mobile site or app for a company referred to as 'Ticketmaster' where you can't access tickets.

Anyways, enjoy the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Mobile version of the site is a sheetbox. Even if you force chrome to load the desktop version of the site, it won't allow you to download the pdf with he tickets

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen TM had standing tickets last night that there were standing tickets , Was about to pick one up but tickets were like 79 + fees , Have seen them a few times but dont think i could pay that much. Ill prob get FOMO later on tho :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Seen TM had standing tickets last night that there were standing tickets , Was about to pick one up but tickets were like 79 + fees , Have seen them a few times but dont think i could pay that much. Ill prob get FOMO later on tho :pac::pac:

Ya I'm only going cuz I got free tickets :D Definitely wouldn't be paying that price, you'll surely pick some up on toutless or facebook ( just saw one there for €50)
    You'd probably even get one cheaper outside tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Can't wait!!!! Hoping to duck out of work early. Anyone know who the support is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I had been humming and hawing about this gig the past few weeks and whether I wanted to make the treck to Dublin, but I cant wait now. Finishing work at 4 and straight to Dublin. Love the new album so hoping for a good few from it TBH. Sconced at recent setlists but didnt take in much so whatever they play will be a surprise

Sheog wrote: »
    Can't wait!!!! Hoping to duck out of work early. Anyone know who the support is?
    Preservation Hall Jazz Band

http://www.preservationhalljazzband.com/

There was up to 8 seats in a solid row in Block D last night. Typical TM releasing seats last minute..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Basq wrote: »
    Preservation Hall Jazz Band

http://www.preservationhalljazzband.com/

PossibleSevereFoal-size_restricted.gif

PossibleSevereFoal-size_restricted.gif
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

any stage times ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

any stage times ?

Doors open at 6.30PM - support 7.15PM and Arcade fire on stage at 8.45 and show will finish at 11PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

any stage times ?

Support act 7:15
    Arcade fire 8:45

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Who's the support act?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

You'd swear noone reads this thread with the amount of questions asked and then re asked.

Advertisement