Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - 3Arena - Friday April 6th 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Who's the support act?

Few posts up!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

anyone know who's supporting lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Seen TM had standing tickets last night that there were standing tickets , Was about to pick one up but tickets were like 79 + fees , Have seen them a few times but dont think i could pay that much. Ill prob get FOMO later on tho :pac::pac:

I would have been the same before seeing them last in Vancouver. But the show was one of the best produced shows I've seen and the band were on fire. It was so good that I was almost tempted to drive to Seattle to see them the next night too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

What time is Conner fiteing ladz :pac:

Getting quite excited now approaching Dublin. Be my first time seated at a rock gig, getting old :D

Listening to the set list songs they’ve used in the tour so far, not a single weak song. Gonna be some show, enjoy folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Ya I'm only going cuz I got free tickets :D Definitely wouldn't be paying that price, you'll surely pick some up on toutless or facebook ( just saw one there for €50)
    You'd probably even get one cheaper outside tonight :)
    good few on toutless today for 50, even the odd few for 45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Looking forward to this big time, itll be a very different experience close up and in the round. Recent setlists dont look too different to Malahide last year and that was a solid nights fun.

There wont be a millenial hipster to be seen on William Street till about midnight!

Jesus Christ this support band are somehow worse than the crowd Radiohead brought!

Any pictures of how the stage looks in 3Arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Sound is awful lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Quite an amazing night :)

Was so annoyed someone stole his hat and all Win had to say was ‘why?’

I felt exactly the same way. Why?

Glad he got it back though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Quite an amazing night :)

Was so annoyed someone stole his hat and all Win had to say was ‘why?’

I felt exactly the same way. Why?

Glad he got it back though

It really was a blip on a superb night. Sound was a bit dodge for the first 3 or 4 songs where I was in section P but sorted itself after a while.

Really wish I was standing for that one, but I tell You, I wouldn't have half taken in how amazing those guys are on each different instrument on stage so it was a trade off.

Regime is the coolest person in the world for me right now.

Lovely little Bowie tribute too.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

Hey guys. I thought it was great gig. I was actually lucky enough to be pulled into a little circle to dance with regine chassagne. If anyone has any video or photos of this I'd love to see it. I'd say it was on the big screen too. I was just so excited and conscious of the cameras and just kept saying to myself just keep dancing just keep dancing. Cheers.

Jgordo wrote: »
    Hey guys. I thought it was great gig. I was actually lucky enough to be pulled into a little circle to dance with regine chassagne. If anyone has any video or photos of this I'd love to see it. I'd say it was on the big screen too. I was just so excited and conscious of the cameras and just kept saying to myself just keep dancing just keep dancing. Cheers.

Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhPmhdqHZx3/?tagged=arcadefire

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

Wow thanks. A bit cringe to see myself but great fun all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 newb990

It was really good. The sound was terrible for some of the songs. Just a big mesh of noise. Buuut...it was also awesome for some other songs.

I'm so glad they played a bit of the Ready to Start extension. I had wanted to hear that live since 2011! I also wanted to hear Reflektor live and finally did! Woo. A good mix of old and new songs.

Win was so pissed when someone took his hat. No doubt we'll get a video of that soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Wow...I was in J...didn't want to be seated but as someone said before, there is a payoff.

That's a live show where the artists just leave it all out there. Immense stuff. So happy that I was there. Had a big smile throughout and still do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Wouldn't worry enough the hat episode. It was Just a minor moment by one person.Votta expect something like that might happen when in the crowd.

Amazing gig. Was in Block B. great seat.. Great sound.

Set list was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Super gig lads, they have to one of the great entertainers in the world today. Amazing versatility across the group, organised chaos from beginning to end with the roadies getting loads of credit for instrument changes and keeping the momentum going. Really I dunno how the band remember what instrument to go to next. Richard Reed Parry played no less than lead, bass, double bass, keyboards, percussion and drums. Ridiculous!

We were right on the barrier on the east elevation of the stage, a feast for the eyes and ears throughout but i agree the sound was a bit dull for some numbers and I saw various nods from the band to the crew at times about it so it must have been noticed. Nevertheless a triumph and a very involved crowd generating a great atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I was beside Win when yer man took his hat.
    He thought he was being the funny man I'd say. Security took it off him fairly quickly but I can understand why Win was pissed off.
    It's not smart or funny to take a man's hat. It was a lovely hat too. Like a mountie.

• Advertisement

poteen wrote: »
    Votta expect something like that might happen when in the crowd.

Why should you expect it? He's done that walk through the crowd during all North American shows, probably 20+ times and this is the first time something has happened. I happened to end up beside him when I saw them last year and nobody went near him. I just don't understand the idiocy of it.

I reckon they’re the best band in the world right now. Absolutely epic gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

I was beside Win when yer man took his hat.
    He thought he was being the funny man I'd say. Security took it off him fairly quickly but I can understand why Win was pissed off.
    It's not smart or funny to take a man's hat. It was a lovely hat too. Like a mountie.

There's a video on Twitter and it looks like he knocked the hat off by accident...

ngunners wrote: »
    There's a video on Twitter and it looks like he knocked the hat off by accident...

He still went towards Win rather than give him space.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

He still went towards Win rather than give him space.

The horror of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I can't put my finger on why but I was kinda bored by the end. If anything it seemed too perfect and I prefer them in their sloppier stressed out past. Linger was my favourite moment as it felt a little more real and scrappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

Was an excellent gig.
    The Irish need to get plastered at these things is a bit sad so many people all over the shop not even facing the stage (fairly hard to do as it was set up in the middle of the arena.Was very happy with the sound and set list no intervention or suburban war was a little minor downer for me but the everything now tracks really stood out live.
    Put your money on me and creature comfort we’re excellent live.
    Would of loved to hear a full length cranberries cover too but was a truly excellent gig for the full two odd hours.
    I was a bit disappointed after malahide castle being so short But the sound lighting and stage presence at this were out of this world.Especially when Renee starts singing her lead vocals and stares out at the crowd it’s like she’s staring into your brain.
    Really can’t wait till next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Great gig to be fair..

.. was chuffed to hear 'Headlights Look Like Diamonds'. I'd say it's not played too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Thought that was a very enjoyable show. Have caught them live a few times now so you know what to expect but to get Headlights..., Kettles (first time live since 2011 apparently), No Cars Go and My Body is a Cage was a real treat. Linger was a nice touch.

Understand what some were saying about the sound. I couldn't understand a word when they were speaking and there was definitely one or two tracks where it was a bit of a garbled mess. Creature Comfort sounded rubbish from where I was standing.

Stage set up was good too. Felt like everyone was right at the front instead of being crushed and spread out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 mdiggity

My favourite AF gig i have been too!
    Absolutely loved it! The stage, the light show, the screen, the atmosphere and the band (which helps) were all brilliant

Advertisement