Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help completing the registration for MyEir

Options
  • 20-07-2017 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm a new bill pay subscriber, and I'm trying to register on MyEir. I completed the registration, but received no confirmation email. Nothing in the Spam folder either.

I've been trying to get help from the online chat, but those people are clueless. The first person I spoke to told me to wait 30 minutes for the email to arrive. Three hours later, someone else told me to register again. When that didn't work, he told me to wait 24 hours and try again.

No wonder this chat support has no feedback option. My guess is that eir already knows what feedback we would leave for this team.

So, anyone here can help?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Anybody?

We're online:
    Monday - Friday: 12pm - 5pm

Is this actually true? It's 13:45 and you have not provided any answers today.

Working hard or hardly working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

JoyPad wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm a new bill pay subscriber, and I'm trying to register on MyEir. I completed the registration, but received no confirmation email. Nothing in the Spam folder either.

I've been trying to get help from the online chat, but those people are clueless. The first person I spoke to told me to wait 30 minutes for the email to arrive. Three hours later, someone else told me to register again. When that didn't work, he told me to wait 24 hours and try again.

No wonder this chat support has no feedback option. My guess is that eir already knows what feedback we would leave for this team.

So, anyone here can help?
    Thanks.
    Hi JoyPad, 

Apologies for the delay we are currently working through our posts. 

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way.

Have you previously registered as this may impact the registration process?

If you have been previously registered, you may need to use another email address.

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks,
    Anna

I have tried several times to register, but failed to create an account. Every time, I complete the registration and reach the last step, where I'm supposed to check my email for the confirmation message. This has never arrived.

Just to clarify: I have never had an account with eir. I do have an account with Meteor, I hope that's not why this is not working.
    Also, when I go to eir.ie, click My Eir, then click "I forgot my password", input my email address, then receive this message:

We can't seem to find an account registered with that email
    Either register this email address or double check your email address.
    If you haven't used your account in some time, we may cleared out your account. You can register this account again.

Doesn't seem to be a case of existing registration, does it?

Just to top it all off: I have just received an email asking me to provide feedback on my recent contact with eir :D
    This I can receive, but not the one email I need to receive.

• Advertisement

More information now available, but it's still odd what works and what doesn't.

I've managed to create an account last night, using an old email address that I don't usually check. I've received the confirmation email immediately, and I was able to register. All good so far.

Today, I received 4 (four) different email confirmations on my gmail address. I suspect one for each attempt to create an account from the days before. So, turns out there was an email service outage after all, but it only affected emails sent to gmail, while the other one worked. Go figure!

Now, I'm trying to no avail to modify the email on my newly created account. It says "Success! Please log out and log back in with the new email address". When I do, I cannot log in. Unsurprisingly, I can still log in with the old email, as if nothing happened.

More information now available, but it's still odd what works and what doesn't.

I've managed to create an account last night, using an old email address that I don't usually check. I've received the confirmation email immediately, and I was able to register. All good so far.

Today, I received 4 (four) different email confirmations on my gmail address. I suspect one for each attempt to create an account from the days before. So, turns out there was an email service outage after all, but it only affected emails sent to gmail, while the other one worked. Go figure!

Now, I'm trying to no avail to modify the email on my newly created account. It says "Success! Please log out and log back in with the new email address". When I do, I cannot log in. Unsurprisingly, I can still log in with the old email, as if nothing happened.
    Hi JoyPad, 

I'm sorry to hear of all the issues you are having with the myeir service. 

The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll be able to assist you further from there. 

Thanks

Anna

I now have an account with my gmail address, so I'm OK.

The last issue seems to have also been related to your website's inability to send emails to my gmail account. Even though the website says "It's changed!", the change of email address does not happen until the new address is confirmed, and the confirmation email came the next day. So, the problem was also related to email sending.

I now have an account with my gmail address, so I'm OK.

The last issue seems to have also been related to your website's inability to send emails to my gmail account. Even though the website says "It's changed!", the change of email address does not happen until the new address is confirmed, and the confirmation email came the next day. So, the problem was also related to email sending.
    Ok no problem, I'm glad to hear this.

Thanks for the feedback here. 

Thanks 

Anna 

Advertisement