Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carer's allowance - review

• 20-07-2017 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Applied for carer's allowance for my Mum early March, was declined as they said she wasn't sick enough but I've requested a review of the application, does anyone know how long a review (not an appeal) takes?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 Kikixx

madmen2015 wrote: »
    Applied for carer's allowance for my Mum early March, was declined as they said she wasn't sick enough but I've requested a review of the application, does anyone know how long a review (not an appeal) takes?
    Thanks in advance :)

Hi I was refused also for my grandmother and have sent for a review what was the outcome for you and how long where you waiting to hear ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 madmen2015

We got a letter from her GP which we enclosed with the review as well as copies of all relevant info that we had e.g hospital appointment letters and a list of all the meds she is on plus enclosed a letter detailing a typical day and how she needed help with daily tasks, it took approx. 3 months for the department to look at the application again but it was passed in our favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 Kikixx

madmen2015 wrote: »
    We got a letter from her GP which we enclosed with the review as well as copies of all relevant info that we had e.g hospital appointment letters and a list of all the meds she is on plus enclosed a letter detailing a typical day and how she needed help with daily tasks, it took approx. 3 months for the department to look at the application again but it was passed in our favour
    Yes I’ve sent all that off where you backdated from when you first appled or from the review?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 madmen2015

Backdated from the original date of application, best of luck with it

Advertisement