Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lead Singer of Linkin Park has died

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not a fan but that's shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Just saw that there, again, not a fan but nobody wants to see that. Saw them support Metallica at the RDS in the St Anger tour, the crowd was pretty hostile towards them and stuff was being thrown at the stage. He had his head down and caught a packed of sweets that were thrown at him ninja-style, it was pretty impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Not a fan myself but still heartbreaking to read none the less. Hurts to see someone so broken by their demons that they feel this is the only release. Also feel for his poor family, friends and band mates.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Is TMZ reliable?

Would like to think it could be one of those horrible hoaxes :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Is TMZ reliable?

Would like to think it could be one of those horrible hoaxes :(

I've read about 5 different articles, one RTE.ie - so I'd say it's unfortunately true :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I've read about 5 different articles, one RTE.ie - so I'd say it's unfortunately true :(

Aye, saw that there. Fuck sake.

Haven't listened to them in ages, but loved them as a teenager. Hybrid theory was one of the my first introductions to metal. The same for a lot of people my age I'd say.

RIP Chester.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Ah Jaysus, poor bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Shyte. Really liked them a few albums. Faint is still one of my favourite songs.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

He had a couple of young kids aswell didn't he. Disaster. Really sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

myshirt wrote: »
    He had a couple of young kids aswell didn't he. Disaster. Really sad.

I think 6 kids

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Thibus

Awful to hear. Loved their first few albums

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Hybrid theory was one of the first metal albums I ever bought. Rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,546 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I wonder with today being Chris Cornell's birthday have any relevance to his taking of his own life?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Wow shocking!

They just released a new album and everything, really came out of no where.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Very sad, not a massive fan, but always had numb and in the end amongst my playlists

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭brevity

I wonder with today being Chris Cornell's birthday have any relevance to his taking of his own life?

On the Reddit thread people were saying that him and Chris were close. It might have had something to do with it.

6 kids as well. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Bruce Whining SWordplay

Crying shame big part of my childhood for a while rip

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah not a massive fan either, but seen them once and always would have their songs on the playlist

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

spotify threw in a linkin park song early today randomly hadn't heard or even remembered they existed for at least 5 years funny how that happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Shocking news, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

I've always said that their gig at the RDS was the best I had been at, until I'd seen GnR in May. I still listen to Hybrid Theory and Meteora regularly.

Very sad to learn he was so depressed and that a lot of his lyrics where so true to his own personal struggles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Horrible to hear, I still can't believe it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

A lot of people in their late 20's early 30's will have a twinge of nostalgia today as his voice will have resonated with many back in the early 2000's at the height of their fame.

RIP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Ahh jeez that's awful.....R.I.P Chester!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,447 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Big shock Very sad, he had a great voice

Listened too a lot of Linkin Park when I was a teen. Remember won tickets too the RDS gig but could not make sadly I'll never get too see them now. Lots of nostalgic feelings now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

9 years since last saw them, they may have been abysmal but the Hybrid Theory songs were always good!

Thinking also will probably never see any incarnation of Stone Temple Pilots in any incarnation now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Poor guy.
    Frickin loved the hybrid theory album when it came out ..

RIP Chester

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hybrid Theory helped me get into rock music and loved a few of the follow-ups. Seen them in Dublin twice and only a couple of weeks ago at Rock Werchter! Crazy news and pretty gutted. RIP.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That one came out of left field, horrible to see and you've got to feel for the family. Grew out of them in a big way after about two years but I still remembering getting digital as a 13/14 year old and being a bit mindblown by the below on Kerrang while the charts over here were rammed with Spice Girls, NSync, Britney Spears, Christina Augilera, that "I'm Blue dabadeedabashutup" song and so on and so on.

Advertisement