Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League/Cup 2017/18 - 50 Euros

• 20-07-2017 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Well lads, thinking of running another 50 euros classic league. Will run a cup competition as part of this also, so there's more chance of a spread of winnings among different lads.

If interested, just leave a post here and I'll get back to lads with league/payment details once there's enough interest been shown to make it a runner.

Minimum of 8 entrants needed, maximum of 32.

Comments

Count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

In

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Good stuff lads. I'll send ye on a pm with the league code. Will send on payment details once there's a few more entries in.

Hoping we can pay via PayPal ?

Ya paypal or bank transfer. Whichever suits yourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Is it a 50/50 spread between league and cu?

Is it a 50/50 spread between league and cu?

No, I would have thought about 80/20 league cup split or somewhere around that percentage breakdown.

Say we have the minimum number of entries needed of 8. Pot of 400 euros. Would probably just do league winner 300 euros, cup winner 100 euros to have round numbers.

Depending on how many we have, I'll put a couple of options of rough breakdowns and then the majority can decide. Like if there were 20 entries, would probably pay top 3 in the league and possibly the top 2 in the cup also. All really depends on numbers entered before settling on an exact breakdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

McBain11 wrote: »
    No, I would have thought about 80/20 league cup split or somewhere around that percentage breakdown.

Say we have the minimum number of entries needed of 8. Pot of 400 euros. Would probably just do league winner 300 euros, cup winner 100 euros to have round numbers.

Depending on how many we have, I'll put a couple of options of rough breakdowns and then the majority can decide. Like if there were 20 entries, would probably pay top 3 in the league and possibly the top 2 in the cup also. All really depends on numbers entered before settling on an exact breakdown.

Good stuff. drop me a PM and I'm in

5 runners for this already. Should manage to get a few more entries by PL ko, so I'll ye on payment details later today or tomorrow lads.

1. Mcbain11
    2. klopparama
    3. spock
    4. patmac
    5. normanoffside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭timbel

Count me in please.

I've sent PMs about league code and payment details. Bank or paypal. Just remember to put your boards name and real name if you have space in the transfer details. Use friends and family in paypal or whatever is needed to make sure there are no deductions.

Any issues lads just give me a shout by PM or here.

Updated list of entrants and payments so far. Bank transfers will take a day or 2, so I'll put paid alongside name when money arrives, to avoid confusion.

1. Mcbain11 - PAID
    2. klopparama - PAID
    3. spock
    4. patmac
    5. normanoffside - PAID
    6. timbel - PAID
    7. Dearg81 - PAID

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

In

1. Mcbain11 - PAID
    2. klopparama - PAID
    3. spock
    4. patmac
    5. normanoffside
    6. timbel
    7. dearg81

Updated list of entrants and payments so far. Bank transfers might take a day or 2, so I'll put paid alongside name when money arrives, to avoid confusion.

1. Mcbain11 - PAID
    2. klopparama - PAID
    3. spock
    4. patmac - PAID
    5. normanoffside - PAID
    6. timbel - PAID
    7. Dearg81 - PAID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

I'll donate!

Updated list of entrants and payments so far. Bank transfers might take a day or 2, so I'll put paid alongside name when money arrives, to avoid confusion.

1. Mcbain11 - PAID
    2. klopparama - PAID
    3. spock
    4. patmac - PAID
    5. normanoffside - PAID
    6. timbel - PAID
    7. Dearg81 - PAID
    8. Wamble - PAID

Great stuff lads. Have 8 entries already. The more the merrier, it will be capped at 32 entries maximum. Highly doubt we'll get that many at 50 euros each, but would be a nice prize pot if we get around 16 entries or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'll pay next week, on holidays at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

My local 50 a pop league fell apart this year, so I'd love to join. So P.M. league/payment details when you have a chance.

• Advertisement

1. Mcbain11 - PAID
    2. klopparama - PAID
    3. spock
    4. patmac - PAID
    5. normanoffside - PAID
    6. timbel - PAID
    7. Dearg81 - PAID
    8. Wamble - PAID
    9. LickiRake - PAID
    10. begbysback - PAID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Is this FPL? If so then you can have my money

begbysback wrote: »
    Is this FPL? If so then you can have my money

PM sent begby. Yes, it's the fantasy premier league site. Running classic league with a cup competition also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Are you capping the amount of entries to this? 50 euro league sounds appealing in a smaller league but less so in a bigger league where the chances of taking money home are lower.

I capped it originally at 32 CSF, so I might as well stick to that now. Doubt we'll get that many. I'll pm you on the details in awhile anyways if you've any interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

McBain11 wrote: »
    I capped it originally at 32 CSF, so I might as well stick to that now. Doubt we'll get that many. I'll pm you on the details in awhile anyways if you've any interest.

I might do. 32 is probably a bit over the size of a league I'd drop 50 euro on but I'll see how many is in closer to the time and decide then. Cheers for running it in any case.

1. Mcbain11 - PAID
    2. klopparama - PAID
    3. spock - PAID
    4. patmac - PAID
    5. normanoffside - PAID
    6. timbel - PAID
    7. Dearg81 - PAID
    8. Wamble - PAID
    9. LickiRake - PAID
    10. begbysback - PAID
    11. craggyisland90 - PAID

Will bump this thread every couple days to see if there's any more interest. 10 entries so far, so a nice pot of 500 euros already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 craggyisland90

I'm interested in joining this, can you PM me with details when you get the chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Im interested too.

Advertisement