Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League/Cup 2017/18 - 50 Euros

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Option 1 9-8 Option 2

It's a cliffhanger!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

As a matter of interest what is 'younger generation' here. I've become very insecure all of a sudden. :eek:

Mokuba stretches Option 1 into a 2 goal lead!! 10-8 now

All this talk of younger/older generation, I'm starting to wonder am I too old for this game! Or am I too young!! It's all so confusing and there was me thinking that finalising my squad was going to be the tough part at the start of the FPL season.

10-9 now to Option 1 ... So that's 19 votes cast... Just 3 lads left to vote.....

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TheDazzler

Option 2 please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

• Advertisement

Option 1 :

League winner: 650
    League runner-up: 200

Cup winner: 200
    Cup runner-up: 50

In favour :
    - McBain11
    -cathalio11
    -klopparama
    -spock
    - p walnuts
    -lickirake
    -tiltedbrain
    -normanoffside
    - wamble
    - mokuba

Option 2 :

League winner: 550
    League 3rd place: 100

In favour -
    - lampersffc
    -Markx
    -Craggyisland
    -Ros1234
    - begbysback
    - timbel
    - patmac
    - Dearg81
    - st lupulin
    - the dazzler
    - jeju
    - Shane732

So that's 10 votes for each option. Just 2 votes left. Jeju and Shane732 left to vote. Will leave the vote open til gameweek 3 deadline. Hopefully both get back before then.

While we are all around, the Cup situation....

*** You can use any of the Chips you want during cup games and they will count in your gameweek points total. So triple captains, bench boost players points, etc. will all count. Any points hits for subs {-4, -8 etc.} will be deducted from your weekly total as per norm. ***

*** In the event of a draw, we go to the Tie Breaker situation ***

- Most goals scored in the gameweek
    - Most assists made in the gameweek
    - Fewest goals conceded by Goalkeeper and Defenders
    - Fewest red cards received
    - Fewest yellow cards received

Any Chips used also count in your tie break score. e.g a triple captain will earn 3 goals for each 1 scored in the first tie break scenario. Same scenario for a triple captain with assists or goals conceded {if a keeper or defender}. Bench boost scorers will count in tie break scores for all scenarios above.

Dates for the Cup :

Round 1 - Gameweek 26 Saturday Feb 3rd

Round 2 - Gameweek 27 Saturday Feb 10th

Quarter Finals - Gameweek 28 Saturday Feb 24th

Semi Finals - Gameweek 29 Saturday March 3rd

Final - Gameweek 30 Saturday March 10th

In the highly unlikely event of a draw after all the tie breakers, we go to a replay the following week. In this case the next round gets pushed back 1 week, i.e if a replay is required in round 1 it will take place in gameweek 27, pushing the whole 2nd round of the cup back to gameweek 28 etc. If this does happen, we will skip gameweek 31 altogether {FA Cup QF that weekend so there may not be a full set of FPL fixtures available}. Gameweek 32 would be the next available cup date for our competition.

Any issues with the above regarding the cup, just say the word.

I was going to do the cup draw in next few days. The full bracket all the way to the final. Then leave it here parked here til February. Everyone knows where they stand then. So 22 runners. 10 byes into the second round and 12 unlucky picks play the 1st round of the cup. Open draw, not determined by league positions etc. so it's as random as can be.

Everyone ok with that?

• Advertisement

Prize payout. Option 2 leads 11-10 with just one voter left to go.

425305.png

Cup draw above lads. Round 1 with 12 participants kicks off in gameweek 26. Saturday Feb 3rd.

Prize Pot split currently stands at 11-10 to option 2 which means top 3 in the league getting paid. Only 1 voter left to cast his vote. If that's not in by start of gameweek 3, this is the pot split we go with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Option 2 please

Sorry about the delay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Excelllent choice sir - a moral victory has been won - bodes well for the long gruelling season that lies ahead...

And so it is. Option 2 wins with 12 out of 22 votes. Woof, that was almost as tight as the Bush Gore election way back when. I was waiting for recounts, supreme court verdicts, and all sorts of allegations of faulty voting machines.

Anyhoo, the official prize pot split is :

Option 2 :

League winner: 550
    League 3rd place: 100

I can recall hearing stories about children receiving medals for finishing last in school races a few years back.

I can recall hearing stories about children receiving medals for finishing last in school races a few years back.

You seem pretty sure this is going to cost you....where are you after week 1?

Markx wrote: »
    You seem pretty sure this is going to cost you....where are you after week 1?

Not at all. I've just always believed in rewarding winners.

I'm 1.3 million overall. I had 2 players in my first 11 that didn't play a minute between them.

Edit - and I'm on a -4 already and I could do with shifting 2-3 others.

I'm 1.3 million overall. I had 2 players in my first 11 that didn't play a minute between them.

I think it's written in the stars you will be third in this league :pac:

• Advertisement

Agree. It's a certainty now that you'll finish 3rd klopparama

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

The winner will be well rewarded. You sound like a gambling man so you should realise the payout for 1st is more than you ever get in a poker tournament with over 20 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Glad we are getting option 2 but It would have been fine either way. Regarding the cup, Id just like to say sorry McBain round one is where it ends for your good self ;)

Glad we are getting option 2 but It would have been fine either way. Regarding the cup, Id just like to say sorry McBain round one is where it ends for your good self ;)

I will be getting all the grinders and sloggers in for that game. Replacing your Kanes, your De Bruynes, your Allis, and bring in your Fellainis, your Yacobs, your Shawcross'ssss :D I'll be looking for a typical British cup tie, all fire and fury, low on quality and an OG off one of your defenders arses to send Calmwood through to round 2 with a 1-0 win!

Dearg81 wrote: »
    The winner will be well rewarded. You sound like a gambling man so you should realise the payout for 1st is more than you ever get in a poker tournament with over 20 players.

It's amazing what people infer from what I've said.

I don't gamble unless you consider a weekly lotto ticket makes me 'a gambling man' so I've no real interest what a poker tournament would pay.

It's fairly simple. I think the winner of any boards league should pick up at least 80-90% of the prize fund to reward their efforts. I don't think people should be rewarded for finishing 2nd or 3rd.

That's it folks. Nothing else going on.

Ahh but you may be missing an important point here - for if there are no losers then there are no winners, just some kid running around a track on his own...

How's everyone faring? I just about managed to stay off the bottom of this league going into the international break, so can't but be happy with that!!

I've taken a points hit going into gw2, used the wildcard in gw3 already!! All best laid plan and all that :pac:

Just 20 points off the top - pretty happy considering I swapped out Jesus and Walker for Dann & Tekkers(c) this week, got outta jail on the sunday with Ali, Salah and Alonso cleanie.

Early days, but always good to have a decent start like you have begby. That's all I was bloody hoping for, solid start and build then after the first 5/6 weeks. As it is, my late decision preseason to take Vardy and Eriksen out for gameweek 1 has seen me in panic mode ever since :o The international break couldn't have come at a better time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

I misread this thinking you were hoping that there might be a booby prize for last and was getting my hopes up because I have started as well as Palace.

Advertisement