Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League/Cup 2017/18 - 50 Euros

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Im second at the moment. Cant complain with that start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

patmac wrote: »
    I misread this thinking you were hoping that there might be a booby prize for last and was getting my hopes up because I have started as well as Palace.

Maybe we should put that booby prize in and rethink the prize pot :pac: :pac: :pac: surely everyone will agree on that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

3rd place going into this gameweek. It has been a steady start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Fcuked up this week - missed the deadline, had 2 ft's too. Have Willian and will be surprised to see him start - Kane(c) should have gone to Jesus - also wanted to bring in either sterling or kdb

Disaster - does 3rd place get any money?

Official Prize Pot...

League winner: 550
    League runner-up: 200
    League 3rd place: 100

Cup winner: 200
    Cup runner-up: 50

• Advertisement

It has been anything but a steady start for myself. More of a mental breakdown of a start :pac: Long way to go though, so I'll keep the faith and keep on trucking.

Just a reminder lads. Cup competition kicks off in February. Seems miles away but it will creep around before you know it!

I will bump the thread again the week or 2 before the 1st round kicks off.

Just a reminder of cup rules below. If anyone spots anything that is a bit vague in the rules, let me know and I'll tidy up the wording before cup ko.

Hope ye are all enjoying the season :-)

*** You can use any of the Chips you want during cup games and they will count in your gameweek points total. So triple captains, bench boost players points, etc. will all count.***

*** Any points hits for subs {-4, -8 etc.} will be deducted from your weekly total as per norm. Carrying over 2 free transfers is fine, no points hits as per normal rules ***

*** In the event of a draw, we go to the Tie Breaker situation ***

- Most goals scored in the gameweek
    - Most assists made in the gameweek
    - Fewest goals conceded by Goalkeeper and Defenders
    - Fewest red cards received
    - Fewest yellow cards received

Any Chips used also count in your tie break score. e.g a triple captain will earn 3 goals for each 1 scored in the first tie break scenario. Same scenario for a triple captain with assists or goals conceded {if a keeper or defender}. Bench boost scorers will count in tie break scores for all scenarios above.

Dates for the Cup :

Round 1 - Gameweek 26 Saturday Feb 3rd

Round 2 - Gameweek 27 Saturday Feb 10th

Quarter Finals - Gameweek 28 Saturday Feb 24th

Semi Finals - Gameweek 29 Saturday March 3rd

Final - Gameweek 30 Saturday March 10th

In the highly unlikely event of a draw after all the tie breakers, we go to a replay the following week. In this case the next round gets pushed back 1 week, i.e if a replay is required in round 1 it will take place in gameweek 27, pushing the whole 2nd round of the cup back to gameweek 28 etc. If this does happen, we will skip gameweek 31 altogether {FA Cup QF that weekend so there may not be a full set of FPL fixtures available}. Gameweek 32 would be the next available cup date for our competition.

Happy New Year lads. Hope ye are all having a good holiday season. Cup ko dates are in above posts. Gw26, only 4 or so weeks away. My boys are readying themselves for cup battle :-) . I'll post 1st round cup fixtures up here closer to the time.

McBain11 wrote: »
    Happy New Year lads. Hope ye are all having a good holiday season. Cup ko dates are in above posts. Gw26, only 4 or so weeks away. My boys are readying themselves for cup battle :-) . I'll post 1st round cup fixtures up here closer to the time.

If you could have a few injuries that week, that would be great :)

• Advertisement

Let the games begin :-) Lamper, don't be surprised if there calmwood supporters outside your team hotel with boom boxes the night before the cup game

Let the games begin :-) Lamper, don't be surprised if there calmwood supporters outside your team hotel with boom boxes the night before the cup game

Well if your team comes down with food poisoning dont blame me. Actually do:)

On another note does anybody want to confess to triple captaining Kane so we can point and laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

FYI, I've had to change my boards username from TiltedBrain to SteelyDan, damn feds.

Just over 10 days to go to cup ko lads. GW26 it is. I'll post up the 1st round fixtures and the players who got lucky byes to the next round on here in a few days time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Just over 10 days to go to cup ko lads. GW26 it is. I'll post up the 1st round fixtures and the players who got lucky byes to the next round on here in a few days time.

Good stuff!

Great for those of us who are 100 points behind the league leader :pac:

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Good stuff!

Great for those of us who are 100 points behind the league leader :pac:

Indeed. I had a few brain farts and meltdowns earlier in the FF season. Was ranked about 4 million only a month or so ago :pac: picked up a small bit now. Raring to go for the cups :D

425305.png

Cup kicking off Saturday 3rd February lads. Only 6 ties in the first round {see the image posted}. 10 lucky lads getting byes to round 2 which will take place the following week. All rules are stated on previous posts, any issues, just leave a post and we'll try clear them up before cup ko.

Prize Pot :
    Cup winner - 200 euros
    Cup runner up - 50 euros

FYI - cathalio has changed his FF name from that draw to Arnie's Animals if I'm correct?

So 1st round tie is - OneFlewOverLukaku vs Arnie's Animals

I'm now hoping McBain doesn't have injuries. I need your bench to stay where it is thanks.

Would have been nice if second round was this week

• Advertisement

I'm now hoping McBain doesn't have injuries. I need your bench to stay where it is thanks.

Horror week for me. Shaqiri and Fernandez worth 18 points on my bench. Of course my sub coming in then is Francis for 2 points. So that gives 18(-4) from 7 players. Captain Hazard could be my hero yet ;) but I need to stay within touching distance of you going into the Monday night game

begbysback wrote: »
    Would have been nice if second round was this week

You get a bye and a big score Begby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Thank God for the bye!

patmac wrote: »
    Thank God for the bye!

I would be thinking that an awful lot of players will be posting low scores this week. I'm currently on one of my worst ever gameweek scores after 7 players, but I'm still in with a shout against Lamper. Gotta love the cup in that respect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Looks like the Dazzler is gonna beat me by a point

I would be thinking that an awful lot of players will be posting low scores this week. I'm currently on one of my worst ever game week scores after 7 players, but I'm still in with a shout against Lamper. Gotta love the cup in that respect!

Your captain is the key. I captained Aguero so only 4 for me.

So far low scores for most. I think I'll just about get into the 40s.

Yep, it's all on Hazard for me. An auld last minute goal from Hazard tomorrow night for a famous cup win would be sweet :P

You get a bye and a big score Begby?

Git a bye - not a big score, but above average 37 starting today with 2 pool and 2 spurs players

Its going to be typical of my year, half decent score one week, then a disaster the following week - this cup is all that is left of my season

Yep, it's all on Hazard for me. An auld last minute goal from Hazard tomorrow night for a famous cup win would be sweet :P

Thank God Kane didnt miss the second penalty. Would have been a serious minus points from him.

• Advertisement

begbysback wrote: »
    Git a bye - not a big score, but above average 37 starting today with 2 pool and 2 spurs players

Its going to be typical of my year, half decent score one week, then a disaster the following week - this cup is all that is left of my season

Ah sure who you telling! I'm Overall rank of about 2 million :D

It's all on Eden now. Go on my son

Advertisement