Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League/Cup 2017/18 - 50 Euros

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Looks like the Dazzler is gonna beat me by a point

I missed his -4 actually, it gets interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Haven't really checked the other sides in the cup yet. Anyone do anything like bench boost, triple captain etc?

Btw, as Chelsea Watford is Monday night. I will have all the cup results and fixtures for Round 2 up by Tuesday night, Wednesday morning at the latest.

FYI on tiebreak situation. The first tiebreak is most goals scored by your team in the gameweek. The second tiebreak scenario is most assists made by your team.

Obviously these will only be your starting 11s (unless you have used your bench boost). Triple captain goals/assists will be worth triple in the tiebreak. Regular captain goals/assists will be worth double in these tiebreak scenarios. Same scenarios for double/triple captains on all tiebreaks, goals conceded, cards received etc.

The last part about regular captain being worth double in these tiebreak situations wasn't outlined perfectly in my tiebreak rules. I hope every one is ok with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

It's a Monday night cliffhanger between Fat Ronaldo and Schmohawks.

Hazard and Alonso Vs Richarlison +5 points

If Rudiger could sit out tonight for my team, due to a wee illness or something, that would be much appreciated. Rudiger, if you're reading the fantasy sports forum today, I have a 10 pointer sub sitting tight so no need for you buddy. There might even be a box of chocolates and some flowers sent to London for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

McBain11 wrote: »
    If Rudiger could sit out tonight for my team, due to a wee illness or something, that would be much appreciated. Rudiger, if you're reading the fantasy sports forum today, I have a 10 pointer sub sitting tight so no need for you buddy. There might even be a box of chocolates and some flowers sent to London for you.

It's going to be a long 90 minutes then....

Well played Antonio Conte :D Part 1 of the plan has come in. Part 2 is staying on the bench. If I was having a bet right now I'd say there's a good chance at some stage Rudiger comes in and Azpi moves up to wing back. Please little baby Jebus I'm wrong :P

I'm now hoping McBain doesn't have injuries. I need your bench to stay where it is thanks.

That brown envelope I stuck under Contes door yesterday has swung it for me!

Just having a quick look through the teams, some really tight results. Looks like one tie has gone to a tiebreaker as well.. Once all points are finalised, I will update results and next round fixtures tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

That brown envelope I stuck under Contes door yesterday has swung it for me!

Rudiger. I now hate this player :mad: Nah, good one. To get 61 from that weekend is doing well.

• Advertisement

Rudiger. I now hate this player :mad: Nah, good one. To get 61 from that weekend is doing well.

Thanks Lamper. It keeps my season alive anyway.

Hopefully my late cup points are a sign of things to come!

Cup 1st Round Results - Teams in bold progress to round 2.

Wu-Tang Wanderers 45 vs 44 Rock Rovers

Schmohawks 50 vs 44 Fat Ronaldo

Back Post, Far Stick 45 vs 41 Erzgebirge Scrooge

One Flew Over Lukaku 35 vs 35 Arnies Animals (cathalio changed original team name)
    *** One Flew Over Lukaku wins on first tiebreak criteria by 3 goals to 2

Dynamo Kebab 48 vs 45 The Dazzler

Calmwood 57 vs 49 Leedswearblacknow?

Any issues at all with those scores, please leave a comment here and I'll fix it asap.

One tiebreak situation already where One Flew Over Lukaku went through on goals scored. Captain goals did actually come into the count in that game, but didn't affect the result!! I will have updated rules (with more clarity around the tiebreak situations), and round 2 draw up here later.

*** You can use any of the Chips you want during cup games and they will count in your gameweek points total. So triple captains, bench boost players points, etc. will all count. Any points hits for transfers made {-4, -8 etc.} will be deducted from your weekly total as per norm. ***

*** In the event of a draw, we go to the Tie Breaker situation ***

- Most goals scored in the gameweek
    - Most assists made in the gameweek
    - Fewest goals conceded by Goalkeeper and Defenders
    - Fewest red cards received
    - Fewest yellow cards received

Any Chips used also count in your tie break score. e.g a triple captain will earn 3 goals for each 1 scored in the first tie break scenario. Same scenario for a triple captain with assists or goals conceded {if a keeper or defender}. Regular captain goals will count double in tie break, e.g. 1 regular captain goal is worth 2 in the tie break scenario. This also applies for regular captain for assists tiebreaker, and goals conceded (if a defender/gk is your captain). In terms of the fewest goals conceded by gk/defender tiebreak - if your player is subbed off, only goals conceded while on the pitch will count against him in this tie break scenario). Bench boost scorers will count in tie break scores for all scenarios above.

*************************************************************************************************************************

Dates for the Cup :

Round 1 - Gameweek 26 Saturday Feb 3rd

Round 2 - Gameweek 27 Saturday Feb 10th

Quarter Finals - Gameweek 28 Saturday Feb 24th

Semi Finals - Gameweek 29 Saturday March 3rd

Final - Gameweek 30 Saturday March 10th

In the highly unlikely event of a draw after all the tie breakers, we go to a replay the following week. In this case the next round gets pushed back 1 week, i.e if a replay is required in round 1 it will take place in gameweek 27, pushing the whole 2nd round of the cup back to gameweek 28 etc. If this does happen, we will skip gameweek 31 altogether {FA Cup QF that weekend so there may not be a full set of FPL fixtures available}. Gameweek 32 would be the next available cup date for our competition.

Wamble very unlucky against me, think I managed to squeeze through to the quarter finals after another Monday night Hazard salvation job! After taking a hugely risky minus 8 going into the round, I thought i'd be in big trouble. I do love a transfer though :pac:

I will update round 2 scores and quarter final draw by tomorrow night. Quarter finals ko gw28, weekend of Feb 24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Smugdrugglers beat me by a point :(

Cup 2nd Round Results - Teams in bold progress to the Quarter Finals.

Wu-Tang Wanderers 82 - 76 On me head son

Guns N' Moses 95 - 71 AnLed

Schmohawks 115 - 73 D15_15

Back Post, Far Stick 89 - 71 Betty Swallox

One Flew Over Lukaku 103 - 78 Sporting Heehaw

Craggy Islands Elite 83 - 64 Feelers

smugdrugglers 88 - 87 Dynamo Kebab

Calmwood 72 - 62 Absolutely Fabregas

As it's just myself checking the scores lads, I'm only human and can make mistakes! So please double check the score in your own tie, and if there's anything at all wrong, let me know asap and I will correct it. Otherwise once the next round starts, I'll just have to drive on, mistakes or not!

I'll put up the Quarter Final draw later. Kicks off gw28, weekend of Feb 28th.

Screenshot (33).png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Smugdrugglers beat me by a point :(

I'd ask for a recount

Quarter Finals tomorrow lads.

Wu-Tang Wanderers vs Guns N' Moses

Schmohawks vs Back Post, Far Stick

One Flew Over Lukaku vs Craggy Islands Elite

smugdrugglers vs Calmwood

FYI - this cup round doesn't end until Arsenal City league game is played on Thursday. I will update official scores and cup semi draw on the Friday then. Quick turnaround between rounds, as cup semis kick off on that Saturday March 3 then!

Again, any issues, just leave a comment here. Best of luck lads

Looks like I might have squeezed through against smugdrugglers somehow! An Aguero goal would have killed me in FF, yet I had a bet on him to score in the game worth a good few bob so I was praying for him to score. The joys of it.

I'll do official scores by tomorrow afternoon lads. Cup semi ko this Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Looks like I might have squeezed through against smugdrugglers somehow! An Aguero goal would have killed me in FF, yet I had a bet on him to score in the game worth a good few bob so I was praying for him to score. The joys of it.

I'll do official scores by tomorrow afternoon lads. Cup semi ko this Saturday.

Yep you are through by 3 points in the battle of the bottom 2 in the league!

• Advertisement

My battle hardened lads are grinding out 1-0 FF wins :-)

Cup Q/F results

Wu-Tang Wanderers 71 vs 54 Guns N' Moses

Back Post, Far Stick 76 - 58 Schmohawks

One Flew Over Lukaku 58 vs 51 Craggy Islands Elite

Calmwood 50 vs 45 smugdrugglers

Cup semi final draw

Wu-Tang Wanderers vs Back Post, Far Stick

One Flew Over Lukaku vs Calmwood

FYI lads, if any games are postponed and not rescheduled into this FPL GW29, it's just pure luck of the draw!

The Cup final will take place in GW30, unless there's a highly unlikely tie after all tiebreak scenario come into play.

Cup winner: 200 euros
    Cup runner-up: 50 euros

Just a reminder, first tiebreak is goals scored, second tiebreak is assists made, and so on.... Triple captain worth 3 in each tiebreak scenario, regular captain worth double in each tie break scenario.

Any issues with the scores above from the QF, or anything else, throw it up here asap.

Best of luck to all in the cup semis tomorrow :)

Had a 10 point lead over oneflewoverlukaku going into todays games. Gros 5 point haul has halved that. I'll need a couple of Hazard goals to sneak my way through another round . C'mon Eden :-)

Looks like I'm all out for 44, Oneflewoverlukaku on 46 with Milivejovic of palace to play. Is it too much to ask the FPL gods for Milivejovic to miss a penalty, a United player to taunt him and Milivejovic to punch him and get a red :P

It looks like WuTang Wanderers have Back Post Far Stick covered as well, 6 point lead or so, De Gea vs Smalling, Smalling will need a goal and bonus points I would think.

Will update official SF results Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Smalling's due a goal...

Gonna stick a few quid on him anytime at 16s to soften the blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

This is gonna be tight! Comes down to whether Smalling baps or not....the tension 😂

Was a great header from Smalling! Hope you had that cover bet on St lupulin, no matter the outcome of the FPL Cup tie.

Not official or anything!! But if my maths are right, 1 Smalling bonus point means a tiebreak situation. 2 bonus points gives Back post far stick a 1 point victory. That roughly correct?

I could also be wrong, and this is open to correction, but 1 Smalling bonus might mean tie break, that would be level after goals scored and Back post far stick going through by 1 assist! Again a quick look is all I've had!! So I'm open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Not official or anything!! But if my maths are right, 1 Smalling bonus point means a tiebreak situation. 2 bonus points gives Back post far stick a 1 point victory. That roughly correct?

I could also be wrong, and this is open to correction, but 1 Smalling bonus might mean tie break, that would be level after goals scored and Back post far stick going through by 1 assist! Again a quick look is all I've had!! So I'm open to correction.

If that's the case I would be most pleased!

Mental last game

Advertisement