Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Image Hosting Site

Options
  • 20-07-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend an alternative to photobucket, as they no longer will
    allow free 3rd party hosting.

Something that is simple and easy to use:)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Imgur.com fulfils those requirements at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i switched from photobucket last week to imgbb.com for same reason. In case you don't know, photobucket will allow you to download all images into a folder, before you delete your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

God I totally forgot photobucket was a thing. I remember I had some images there from years back, trying to log into it now and the whole site is almost unusable!! It's going at a snails pace!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

testing:)

mXhYcJU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

tinypic.com is another good one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

tinypic.com is another good one.

Tinypic recycle their URLs. What they show today could be something very different in 6 months time.

Spear wrote: »
    Tinypic recycle their URLs. What they show today could be something very different in 6 months time.

Yeah? I have not had that happen to any of my pics in the years I have used them.

Yeah? I have not had that happen to any of my pics in the years I have used them.

I've seen it happen on here, which is what made me aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭-l-Z3k3-l-

imgur I would say, but be sure not to accidentally hit the "Post to gallery" button
    Then your pics are public to the world

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

-l-Z3k3-l- wrote: »
    imgur I would say, but be sure not to accidentally hit the "Post to gallery" button
    Then your pics are public to the world

Isn't that the point...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭-l-Z3k3-l-

Isn't that the point...?

No. you can share the links anyway, but you post them to the gallery and Imgur with the bunch of whiny gits that frequent it, can comment and bitch and moan about what you've posted

yes I am a member there

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Would you not use Google Drive or Dropbox even?

Would you not use Google Drive or Dropbox even?

I would not touch anything Google by choice at this time.
    I am stuck with google email from a long time back, but I avoid as many of their services as I can.

Dropbox is not much use if you want a free service ..... think there was a limit of 2GB which would easily fill up with pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Yeah i posted some arcade machine pictures and got slated for putting it in the public area.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭thereitisgone

test

I have been using
    https://imgbb.com/
    since the demise of tinypic.

Quite happy to date.

Advertisement