Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 PDC World Matchplay. 22/07-30/07. Sky Sports.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I don't know whether compare Taylor as your grandad who can has reached an age where he can get away with saying anything or compare him to greats like Jack Nicklaus who remained classy throughout.

I think he just lives in a darting bubble where everything is a Grade 1 political issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

mdwexford wrote: »
    Tissue for the haters.

Unreal stuff from The Power. Rolled back the years. Timing was savage.

Phil finished really well. He still had a few spells where he dipped in form but MVG was useless tonight. It's weird for me to root for Taylor but MVG is the "new Taylor" for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Class player but that's where his class ends,huge win and it's personal attacks on players,he's 56 years old,his true self is never far from his surface charade.

Hope Lewis stuffs him and wins it outright

I don't know whether compare Taylor as your grandad who can has reached an age where he can get away with saying anything or compare him to greats like Jack Nicklaus who remained classy throughout.

I think he just lives in a darting bubble where everything is a Grade 1 political issue.

Sky would have to give him his own "John McEnroe Corner" if he does pack it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Mvg has been unsufferable this week glad he lost.hope its a taylor wright final and wright wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

ElTel wrote: »
    Phil finished really well. He still had a few spells where he dipped in form but MVG was useless tonight. It's weird for me to root for Taylor but MVG is the "new Taylor" for me.

MVGs doubles were shocking but he still averaged 102 which shows how well he scored. And he got crushed 16-6.

Since he became the best around I can't remember a game where he got stuffed like tonight.

jrkb wrote: »
    Mvg has been unsufferable this week glad he lost.hope its a taylor wright final and wright wins.

Yeah Wright for me too.
    Lewis to edge Taylor in added legs please.

mdwexford wrote: »
    MVGs doubles were shocking but he still averaged 102 which shows how well he scored. And he got crushed 16-6.

Since he became the best around I can't remember a game where he got stuffed like tonight.

He was 4-0 down without having thrown a dart at double and came out next leg and threw at the bull with his third dart. (Got pre-occupied with 170 finishes too)
    I thought he was getting himself revved up but now in hindsight perhaps the scarring/memories of a hiding from Phil on the same stage came to the fore.

As for the average I'm not sure how it works. (I assume missing 3 darts on x16 say lowers your average) but I'd be surprised if Taylor's is much higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I'd always support Wright and it's opened up nicely for him but I'd love to see Gurney beat him tomorrow, I think he can too

I think it would be fantastic for darts if Lewis was back challenging for majors,not quarters but finals and semis,only player who can match mvg talent wise imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Phil is unbearable, but has nobody seen what MVG has been like this week? Fúcking insufferable.

I don't know whether he's actually bought into his own hype, or whether he's decided this new persona will sell more tickets, but he's been classless all week? Didn't he say Taylor had more chance of winning the lottery than beating him?

Well done Taylor.

Taylor had a pop at mvg,mardle,and Lewis after winning last night, about stuff nothing to do with the game last night.. he's pathetic.

Mvg was out of order texting vvdv for sure, Vincent should have known better to even say it on TV,they are good friends like.

Not excusing Taylor.

MVG needs taking down a peg or two though.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Not excusing Taylor.

MVG needs taking down a peg or two though.

his game needs a serious regular challenger,its usually too easy for him,id say he got taught a few lessons last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Jesus lads, that's mvgs first loss in a ranking tv tournament since 2015? Can't blame the man for feeling invincible.
    I prefer a fella that says what he's thinking not just a political answer

Jesus lads, that's mvgs first loss in a ranking tv tournament since 2015? Can't blame the man for feeling invincible.
    I prefer a fella that says what he's thinking not just a political answer

I've no problem with him saying he thinks he'll win.

It's when MVG verges on rude and disrespectful to him opponents where it's an issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

There's no respect between both player's, rivalries are great but childish behaviour by both players is infuriating to watch.

I like a bit of class in players, the reason why Wright is my favourite. Gets up there and plays his game with no nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

taylor is a big child

The Golden Bear was never greeted by a chorus of boos.

Taylor doesn't seem like the most charming person...but who really cares? It's nice when a sport star is modest and pleasant, but unnecessary for me. Maradona came across like a bit of a headless brat, never bothered me, still the greatest.

The darts is on Sky Sports mix now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Decent darts so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Gurney needs to get thon chin off the floor and get going again. Seven on the bounce he's lost

Back in it

Come on Wright ☺

Nice 118 checkout.Can't call it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Great finish from Wright after a terrible attempt at treble 20

Definitely not anywhere near his best but showing some cahones

Great finish from Wright but credit to gurney he keeps battling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Nervy game, poor doubles but Wright had it in hand when he needed too.

Hoping this one is a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Taylor to win this, I don't think Adrians back will hold up but ya never knw

Hope Wright wins It, Taylor annoyed me last night with his antics

• Advertisement

jrkb wrote: »
    Great finish from Wright but credit to gurney he keeps battling.

Yeah. Should learn from that semi. He needs to improve/trust his cover shot when he blocks the treble 20. A real prospect.

Fingers crossed for a classic now!

Advertisement