Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to say when signing a customer up to a newsletter?

• 20-07-2017 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a feeling that this could have already been discussed here, but I just couldn't find anything.

I'm planning on giving away a free digital product online to get people onto my newsletter.

I want to make clear that they will be signed onto it, but I'm just wondering what text would actually sufice?

Could I just say in the text beside the DOWNLOAD NOW button that 'you will be added to my newsletter if you download this product'?
    Or 'when you download this product will will be added to my newsletter?'

I just don't want to breach any data protection laws :).

I've read that in May 2018 that people would actually have to sign up in a non passive way, due to new EU laws. But for the meantime is what I previously wrote okay?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement